Chapter 13 - Clash

Previously:

"Am I right to assume that you like Sylvia now?" André asked.

Alvaro turned to face André seriously.
——————————
"Am I right in thinking you want her too?"

"Actually I do, but what is it to you? You and your wolf rejected them already."

"You can't have her if I retract my rejection and win her back"

"What makes you so sure she will even consider going back to you?"

Their words were calm but full of pressure and dominance. They were having a staring contest.

The ritual for rejection retraction is, for obvious reasons, typically reversed. The one who initially rejected becomes affected with heart-attack-like pain if the originally rejected party decides not to accommodate the confession. In this situation, it doesn't really matter what you are in a pack, regardless if you are an Alpha, you will be at the mercy of the one who has to accept you. André is hoping Alvaro will back down.

Few of the girls from the dorm already peeked outside to see where the menacing aura is coming from. They didn't notice that Sylvia and Athena opened the door and saw them sizing each other up.

Suddenly, their inner wolves emerged ghostlike from their heads and had their own staring contest.

Andrés is solid blue-black while Alvaro's black.

"You shouldn't have denied her."

"We'll have them back."

"You made the biggest mistake when you pushed them away. Your ancestors will be disappointed if they knew what you did"

"Shut up!" Blake, Alvaro's wolf, growled.

Upon seeing this, Sylvia as well as Lexa trembled and she held on to Athena.

"Stupid Alphas! Stop this at once! You're scaring her!" In anger, Athena also had her beautiful inner wolf, white and dazzling as snow, emerged and glared at both Alpha wolves.

Four set of eyes darted to Sylvia. Both inner wolves disappeared into thin air. Both Alphas tried to go to Sylvia but André caught her first.

She carried her like a baby, just like how her brothers carry her. They all went inside the dorm.

André is about to put her down but she held on tight.

"Hey baby I'm sorry. Can you relax so I can put you down?"

"Sylvia, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you and your wolf again. I'm really sorry." Alvaro tried to calm her down too.

"Okay..." Sylvia said.

"I'll hold you, I'll sit first then you sit in front of me, is that okay?" She nodded so he positioned her in front of him, his back leaning on the headboard.

"I'm sorry. I got scared." Her lashes still wet from few tears.

"And... and I'm not mad at you. I really just got scared. Let's forget about it." She faces Alvaro and held his hand. André wanted to pull her hand from Alvaro but chose not to for she might get angry or scared again.

"Don't fight anymore okay?" She looked at André then at Alvaro. Though both didn't reply. André is just embracing her.

"Well, our project is like 95% done already. Let have one last meeting next week to finalize the presentation." Athena, the most level-headed among them, casually said.

"You two. You're both Alphas and your temperaments needs some work. I don't care what you're fighting about. But you need to settle your differences in a calm way. You even got my wolf Arc to emerge, she was so mad." Athena is not holding back. She's also not afraid of the two Alphas. It has something to do with her being from Vigor Pride, a pack highly respected for they carry the genes of brave warriors and excellent healers.

"Please let's all calm down okay? I'm sorry I got scared. Let's forget about it please?" Sylvia pleaded. This time, she patted André's right arm which is comfortably holding her.

They wrapped up quickly and Alvaro once again apologized. Athena still doing a bit of ranting towards Alvaro while leaving.

André sat on the bed after getting her some warm water. Sylvia is also sitting, this time leaning on the headboard. He held her hand.

"Hey..." he cooed.

"What did you fight about?" Sylvia asked.

"You. But more than that, what did you hear?"

"I only witnessed the wolves, but I didn't hear your argument. You were not shouting right?"

"Yes, that's why you didn't hear anything. Anyway, I promise I won't fight with him unless he provokes me. Is that fair enough?"

"Yes... You're fighting about me...? Why?"

"Hmmm let's just say it's not for me to discuss with you. Just for now, know that I am trying to protect you as always. Okay?"

Sylvia nodded.

"So I think your wolf already mentioned about my Lexa being a Silver Wolf? I only heard of that like a mythical creature or something. Also, Mr. Troy suggested to visit the Temple of the Eclipse."

"Yeah, actually, what we knew of Silver Wolf were only of that from the books. Even our professors have the basic. You know like silver white needles of thick fur, supposedly the inner wolf of Goddess herself and extremely pure and rare. That's about it."

"Ahmmm after the project, we will have a week break after Dawn Festival Celebration, will you please come with me?"

"Yes of course. I think the temple is more open to the public during that time for those seeking guidance, enlightenment and prayers. My wolf and I am planning to pay respects because we have a prayer to ask too."

"Really? What?"

"It's a secret... anyway, what time do you want me to leave, or do you want to be alone right now?"

"Can't you stay?"

"Huh? Like, overnight?"

"Yeah?"

"No baby. I don't want people to misunderstand. Especially from what some people witnessed today. I bet rumors about it will start spreading."

"Okay... after dinner then?"

"I can wait for you to fall asleep before leaving."

"Thank you André."

And so they had dinner, he waited for her to finish her bath and tucked her to sleep after drying her hair. He then left her on the bed quietly, ensuring the door was locked before finally leaving to sleep in his own dorm.