POLAR BEAR ARC CHAPTER 4

The animals are at their most content and at ease after a meal. It is expected that the staff will select this time to begin.

Otis took an anesthetic while resting with his eyes closed, but the effect of the drug hadn't worked for a while. He fell on the ground and looked at Qiao Qixi with red eyes.

He might have wanted to act, but his body was weakening and he was only able to partially open his eyes.

While kissing Otis, Qiao Qixi produced a low noise that sounded somewhat like a cub's cry. It was only a way for him to say goodbye and had no other meaning.

Odis, who had previously shown little interest in Qiao Qixi, might have had an insight at this point. He might have wished to reach out and touch Qiao Qixi in an unnatural way.

But it wasn't successful.

Alexander was cuddled up next to Otis when the crew arrived to remove Otis. They were suffering greatly from this scene.

The two polar bears may have developed a close bond as a result of their interactions together throughout this time.

To even consider separating them would be cruel.

The consideration of the rescue station is also taken into account. The two polar bears won't be released too far. It won't be that tough to find each other if they are determined to do so.

Qiao Qixi accompanied Otis' cage to the door while mentally bidding him farewell.

He was aware that the North Pole as a whole was so vast that the likelihood of running into the other party again was quite slim.

Polar bear release is a significant task.

The polar bear will have a GPS tracker implanted before being airlifted to a location far enough away so that the rescue station can monitor the polar bear's life once it is released. This particular process could take two to three days.

Otis was occasionally wake while in transit. After all, the anesthesia's effects were only temporary; otherwise, he would not survive. 

It will undoubtedly feel very uneasy and may even go insane in unfamiliar situations, which is probable.

Therefore, the cage needs to be sturdy enough to support the 800 kg polar bear.

Fortunately, Otis was quite quiet when driving and didn't add to the staff's job.

The rescue station chose a small island covered with snow near the Arctic Ocean as Otis' release location. Although there is a name for this tiny island, it is difficult to remember because there are so many other nearby islands.

In other words, there aren't many polar bears around, and if they don't venture too far, they won't actually encounter one other.

The polar bear will be captured using a powerful net for the release up close, and it will be lifted out of the net by a helicopter.

But this time the release was far away, so Otis stayed in the cabin until he arrived at the release site more than 800 kilometers away.

 The helicopter was parked on the flat shore, and the crew went to work, giving Otis a second shot.

"This enormous guy weighs a lot. We are completely unable to move him without a helicopter."

The wheeled cage was lowered to the floor and then opened from the top. The polar bear was freed from its cage and dropped to the ground by the chopper.