POLAR BEAR ARC CHAPTER 3

They've periodically visited each other since Otis arrived to take a nap at Qiao Qixi's house that day; it's a form of cordial friendship that is neither familiar nor unfamiliar.

The two of them, though, are already considered close friends by the staff, and this kind of friendship that embraces the other person for who they are can only develop in the most trying of conditions.

The staff was certain that Alexander might reduce Otis' passive resistance to the aid station and that they should be allowed to spend more time together.

Qiao Qixi: "??"

What? Are you serious?

Obviously yes, with the intentional arrangement of the staff, not only did they not build a wall for them, but they even used the same trough to feed them!

The crew discovered Alexander was staying at Otis' house when it was time for dinner. The two polar bears' food was placed in a trough because they could not bear to separate them.

WTH???!!!

It was Qiao Qixi who was the first to find out that the staff was up to something. He watched helplessly as his own food was poured into Otis's trough.

When Qiao Qixi hurried back to his residence to investigate, he discovered that his suspicion was accurate—the staff had only placed food on Otis' side.

Ah....this....

Now that they are getting along, Qiao Qixi's fear of Otis has significantly decreased, and he is able to attempt to eat from the other party's trough.

Aggressively, Qiao Qixi turned around and headed back, but when he spotted Otis eating in front of the trough, he was afraid to approach.

Everyone is aware that a beast will be more aware of its surroundings when it is actively eating.

In fact, the staff will always bring Qiao Qixi food as soon as he returns to his residence; he doesn't even need to go ask for it.

But he was quite curious as to whether Otis would resist his approach while eating.

Otis should have observed that Qiao Qixi had left and returned because of his acute observational skills, but he remained silent. This signal gave Qiao Qixi a lot of comfort.

Even if the polar bear is a lone creature, it is not as harsh and cold-blooded as it formerly was, so it appears that getting along these days has not been in vain.

Finally, Qiao Qixi crept carefully to the edge of the opponent's feeding trough to test!

Only briefly did Otis' gaze linger on Qiao Qixi before he resumed chewing.

It might be the default attitude.

The staff noticed through the surveillance that the small polar bear was not troubled while probing a sea fish out of the feeding trough.

Adult polar bears have enormous appetites, and hunting in the wild is challenging, they usually consume as much as they can without throwing any food away.

Odis can devour the entire contents of this trough in one go and can consume food far more swiftly than Qiao Qixi does. The food is all his to keep if he so chooses.

But Otis stopped eating after eating most of it, and stood back to clean his paws and mouth under the surprised eyes of the staff.

The thoughtfulness shown by the other person was also noted by Qiao Qixi, and it was at this point that he realised he and Otis had developed a genuine friendship.