Chapter 6: Tooth And Claw

I finished getting clothes on, heading towards the voices to prevent the fighting that was unfolding, shocked to find... Amanda and Abigale?... I ran in between them, keeping both from reaching each other, "What is going on?"
Abigale snarled, trying to shove past me, "That bitch insulted me!"
Amanda had luckily stepped back, scoffing to my wife, "Well you shouldn't try sleeping with every man on the block "Princess"!" she had done air quotations around calling her princess.
Where I couldn't care less of Abigale, Amanda had me worried about what started it, "Hold on hold on. What started this mess?"
Abigale hissed to quick replies, "She was-"
Amanda cut her off before she could finish half a statement, "Called you an unloyal buffoon for trying to marry someone and leave them to sleep with others, failing to do even that as nobody wishes to be seen with such disrespect!"
Abigale huffed as I looked between them in confusion, "You two need to calm down... Where I understand the disgust of my... Wife... I feel the point in arguing of it is meaningless."
Abigale gasped in offense, personally not being unfazed by her as I went on, looking to Abigale, "I recommend you don't bother with the woman I've married... Even though again, I couldn't care less about what will happen to her."
Abigale looks down, crossing her arms as Amanda growled, "You're both idiots! Mason! I don't deserve this... This disrespect!"
Now was my turn to scoff, glaring at her in disgust, "You are being described exactly as you behave. You chose to make yourself this... Revolting display you claim is attractive."
She shivers, clearly intimidated as I approach, feeling my own rage bubble up towards her, "You will "deserve respect" when you learn to no longer have a stick up your rear, Abigale. Until then... You deserve this treatment. I don't care for you and our relationship clearly is meaningless except for our packs otherwise I'd left you to be single in your own revolting behavior!"
She squeaks in fear, nodding nervously, tears in her eyes. I huff, going to the fridge and grabbing a pitcher of what looked to likely be some herbal tea, taking it out and going to grab a cup with my injured hand, "It's too early for all of this... I'm just... Gonna get back to my room."
Abigale tried to intervene, "Hunny please-"
I held a hand up, "Give me a good ten minutes to wake up or so help me I will slap you."
She shut her trap as quickly as she opened it, going back to shivering. I groaned in annoyance, Amanda now speaking, "Didn't mean to wake ya... You clearly gotta get more rest... That's chamomile in the pitcher... Try to rest up, Mason..."
I nod, pouring a glass of tea and leaving it on the counter, going back to my room as the girls watched... I could feel their eyes follow my every move leaving a daunting embrace of dread, leaving when I escaped to my darkened room once again. I sighed, taking a small sip from the glass of tea, the flowery taste being sweetened by nearby honey likely gotten from the neighboring town when Amanda last visited there. Its gentle hints of apple, and mellow, honey-like sweetness was relaxing to enjoy, bringing a soft smile to my lips... I felt... Worn... Like I've been tossed aside yet finally... Worried for... But why bother? It's not like it matters... That woman... Is my bride... Whether I enjoy this truth or not I can't just... Just toss her aside...
I put the cup down, having finished its contents in my deepened thinking. With a sigh I look down, contemplating what to do with this day. The start already seems... Stress inducing...  I eventually got up and calmed down after all the unnerving thought processes. As I got up I Head towards my door, opening it to have Erin fall onto my chest. And the stalker seems to have been caught again.
"What have I told you about trying to stalk me? Jesus... Is there no moment I can be left alone just for a minute!?" I snap at her.
She yelps, blushing as she steps back, "S-sorry, Sir! I-I didn't mean to f-fall on you! S-sorry!"
I rolled my eyes and pushed her over, closing my bedroom door, "You can go bother someone else... I'm not in the mood for such nonsense."
She nods nervously, silenced by her terror. I walk away, heading through my usual routines of tidying up and ensuring those that required help were able to find the others capable of doing so. It wasn't like my father was managing to help anyone... I sigh and continued to maintain the balance needed for things to keep running without rioting. It's rather shocking riots don't happen anyways. I was also surprised to not see Amanda or Abigale wondering about it, seeming my rage from this morning having startled them to avoid me... I can only hope that I didn't worsen relationships with either... Especially Amanda...
I head to the kitchen where I had again seen Maddy, ignoring her as she learned from the last time not to interact with me. I gave her barely a glance as she looks up from her phone only to look back down with a ghostly pale face and horror-filled eyes. I scoffed, getting a bite to eat, just grabbing some deli meat and chips out of boredom and uninterest in spending long by this... Pest... I made a quick sandwich and threw on some chips, walking away with the swift mean, hearing my father not far, bickering... With Abigale?...
I was at first hesitant to listen but curiosity got the better of me, along with such I figured a bit of karma was deserving. Though on it now... I really wish I'd left myself out of it... They were talking of... Me?... I was unnerved as they spoke, silently watching and listening.
"You told me you would cut out the nonsense, Abigale. Mason needs the affection of a woman that isn't trying to sleep with every man on the block! I told you it would allow closer ties so that you wouldn't do this!", my father snaps to her.
She looks away in disgust, "I don't "sleep with every man on the block", old man! I tried being reasonable but you and I both know he doesn't want me so why bother pretending? He isn't that good-looking to bother with it! And that Amanda... She may be catching on and worsening everything! I saw her kiss him when I went to see if he was resting!"
I was... Shocked... I didn't expect such... Such a statement seems true... But... The mysterious kiss... Was Amanda? I continue listening despite my disgust with their reasoning for our marriage, a false proposal of trust. Not even needed between us all. Their argument about my refusal to love her continues, leaving me in more shock and revolution.
"You aren't a princess, child. You are merely another woman that can be replaced if you wish for this... The behavior you call personality.", he barked, surprisingly agreeing with everyone's distaste as she had tears.
I... Almost felt bad as she spoke her next statement threw strained sobbing, "I hadn't chosen this path! You just picked me up at the wrong time and now any man I speak with assumes I wish to lay with them since the man I really loved refused to be with me due to the marriage of your damn son! Rumors exist yet not all are true! I refuse to lie to him and call him a lover when he doesn't want me! I did this as you o-ordered! I listened despite better judgment! I just gotta say that you can find someone else!"
She then threw the ring from the proposal at him and I ducked back, narrowly avoiding being seen as she ran off sobbing more... She... Is another pawn he's used... I now pitied her for the shame she has endured... Undeserving of that treatment I've earlier given... But I can't love her... I... Just can't... I walked away with my thoughts again clouded with annoyance and pain... Back to the distaste of my father's idiocy... How... Revolting to force such a life on her...