Chapter 9: Long Bargained Deal

The plan continued and would still take some time, Amanda explained that she needed to get the resources and test its credibility, "I'll go... I'd rather be the one with ill effect and disappointment than some other unfortunate soul..."
Abigale seemed a bit worried, "Are you sure Mason? What if something goes wrong?..."
Amanda nods, "If it has any effects... They have a high chance of being permanent."
I nodded, "As I've said... It is best that someone willing to accept the consequences for the safety of others does this... And if someone else had the effects I would still have to take responsibility for those decisions... So I accept being the one to test this... Not gonna use someone as a pawn like my father..."
They reluctantly accepted, nodding to me. Amanda sighed, "I will have everything together by tomorrow. And we can make it and try."
Abigale nods, still worried, "And Mason, if this backfires I'm kicking your ass."
I chuckled and rubbed the back of my neck, "I'm sure I'll be fine..."
Abigale nods softly, smiling softly, "You better!"
I smiled softly to the girls, Amanda seeming very happy about the discussion at hand, "Well... Let us hope this works then..."
"Agreed!"
Amanda chortled, smiling gleefully, " Well then... I'm off to go grab the ingredients and brew. I'll catch you all later and we can see how everything is handling."
I and Abigale nodded, watching her leave. Abigale smirked at me, giving a sly glance, "So. When are you getting with the country witch?"
I blushed and glared at her, both offended by her using such a nickname and embarrassed of the noticeable crush, "W-What do you mean by that?!"
She giggled to me, "It's clear you both like each other! Just tell her ya oversized puppy!"
I growled, blush brightening and agitation heightening, "I am not a puppy!"
"You are around her! You go all soft and cute! It's rather amusing honestly.", She smiled amusedly, not caring about my annoyance with the topic at hand.
She is so lucky I pitied her circumstances too much to attempt slapping her, "Hush. I-it isn't like that..."
I had my arms crossed and she rolled her eyes, giving a teasing smile, "Whatever you say loverboy."
I rolled my eyes and turn from her. Was I really that readable?... I mean... I do love her... But now is not the time nor the place for such a sudden shift... I can wait... I always do... I sighed softly, "Let's go handle your issues now. Perhaps if your pack realizes the issues in our pack are connected to only my father then they will be more reasonable around you?"
That idea luckily got her off the topic of my not-so-little crush as she got all excited from her reputation being at least somewhat repaired, "Yes! What are we waiting for?"
I sighed and smiled softly, and she called me a puppy. I found it cute to some degree but nothing to find attachment to, especially since our start was not so pleasant. She practically dragged me along in her excitement, "Hurry up slowpoke!"
I smiled, seeing her as almost a little sibling in a way, "I'm coming, I'm coming..."
She was all giggly and bubbly, a big contrast from when angered. Then she would seem stone-cold and disgusted by people's every move or breath. I preferred seeing this side of her and found it almost... Curious to be around. We headed out of the mansion house, the time being close to dusk, the sun setting in the distance and giving its dying halo of glowing light.
She lead me through the dying light, the two of us becoming our fur-covered counterparts as the moon glowed its taunting rays. We continued our journey to where her pack resided, seeming surprisingly much closer to the village where the others get resources from than we first thought. She lets out her delighted yapping over how she wants to get her crush to be with her and how they would have a happily ever after. I just chuckled and nodded, following through their small cluster of homes, resembling quick tombs by passersby if unknown to the area. Though they seemed filled with life as the people and wolves there seemed like stray dogs and mutts over werewolves, all playing like the heavens dared not spy on their hideaway village.
It was no surprise to why my father saw this place as a venerable location to bring his command... Those that were werewolves were mostly mixed from the neighboring town, likely outcasted from fear and desperate to have the acknowledgment of anyone who may claim to drag them from their suffering. yet within it... There was its own unique freedom... Their hopelessness that dares to be an entity on its own, guiding those trapped in its maw to claw at the idea of hope... The people stared at us quizzically, as if they'd never seen such joy or calmness out of anyone there... No wonder she accepted a new prison... But similarly... Why not try to help those in the place you call home?
She leads me to one of the tombs they used as homes, being a larger structure. They were very blocky, to say the least, this structure being the only one that appeared to have windows at all. They seemed well-built in the category of stability as well... It led to wonder... Why did he want their trust?...