Chapter 1: Where am I?

The pack needs me. Here and now. I hate what is required from my father. But this is unfortunately not what I wished for... I don't love this woman before me, forced to be kind as she too seemed uninterested. Both of us have to be together for the peace treaties of our packs to be completed. I feel truly alone as I watched the stars, hoping one day I could truly be myself... Truly find what I want known as... My alpha.
For tonight I watch as the stars scatter and the howels of other members rejoice at the recent wedding. I was wedded to a girl without love... In an agreement, I never asked for... How lovely... That can't be changed now I suppose... But I won't force young to be in my role. That was cruel. I have nothing but to ponder how I got here...
Where is here? What do I call this pain? This place in time where all is at a standstill and where I can no longer accept my kind. No longer seen as untamed despite name slipping tongue like a wild beast... Here I raise my head in what little pride I can grip to come to a close, my "wife'' arriving and joining my lone glare to the sky in silence.
"What drawls you here, Abigale?... Need you to taunt our hatred?", I snarled, now glaring at her for disturbing my moment of remorse.
She sighed, "I hear you... I know the time burns right now, wanting me gone. But we can overcome this. You needn't be tamed over this pain. I will let you hunt others on condition."
The saddened tone drew me close as my gaze softens, "What do you mean?..."
She gave a softened gaze and a hushed voice as she held my face, "We don't need to follow orders. You are a grand leader I hear... Unknown to the love you desire... I feel similar... Caged over the sudden change we don't have to rush from orders."
I sighed, "You don't know me. Never will either. So why bother with your lies!?"
I snarled, turning away in a fit of rage and disgust. She can't hear of me and assume a view they have is the real me! Are the views we all share the curse we are seen as? It's no wonder why our packs are forced to love in the case of people blind. I despise the taste it leaves with me. With a bitter tone, I can't help but let glare at her despite such a kind offer.  She jerked her hand away, nodding hesitantly... Why does this hurt to see?... It's not like I'll love her right now... We met and were told we are married at nightfall. Now we sit... At least I don't sit alone...
In my deep thought, I glance at her again, seeing their scarred face and unreadable, feral eyes looking to the sky like I had... In time Abigale... Just... In time... I huffed, running off to clear my mind. Alone. Like I tried to have originally. Perhaps a hunt will help? Allow me to blow some steam and eat. The last thing needed is for it to reveal our turning views.
I prowled threw the surrounding wooded area, hunting for small prey to fulfill my growing hunger and urge to attack. After a few moments, I finally managed to find a rabbit, right as the sun rose. I heard a rustle in the brush behind me and turned back to my human form and appearance with a cold glare at whoever just disturbed my hunt. A young pack member poked her head out hesitantly. Great... If it isn't my little paid stalk. Father keeps sending her to watch, annoying me as she was a shy little thing, never getting out what needed.
I sighed, my mood again ruined by a female I don't wish to be around at this time, "What do you want now Erin?.. You know I hate my hunts disturbed."
I was blunt and unpleased as she stutters her reply, "O-of course, sir! Apologies, sir! Y-y-your father w-wanted to speak w-with you..."
I rolled my eyes staring into her quivering, pale, baby-blue eyes, "Of course he does. Pray it to be good saying I am trying to blow steam."
"Of course, s-sir. A-apologies, sir.." Her quivering voice only heightens my annoyance as I push past her. We were once close friends... My father used this as a tool to watch over and control every little thing in my life... Our friendship crumbled soon after out of lost trust and fear.
I follow back to our hideaway where the pack resides, small rabbit in hand as I had killed it to make a stew or just any other fresh game cooked for dinner... Breakfast to lunch now I suppose though... As we walked Erin continued to talk about how she was always apologetic about how our friendship ended, just scared of disrespecting a leader. I groaned through her small rant before we reached back to our housing of the pack, a grand mansion covered in vegetation over ages of standing in the wooded territory. The lush greenery was like a majestic cage, bringing elegance yet entanglement to all the unfortunate souls that tread through its gardens and the forever-changing arrangements of the brush.