Amanda has her back to us right now since she is taking something out of the oven. "Welcome to Amanda's Bakery!" Her soft voice greets with her back at us.

She is only a couple of years elder than me and she inherited this bakery from her mother. Both, Amanda's sister and Amanda run it right now but her sister isn't present here as much.

She sets the tray on the counter and turns to us, her eyes widen upon seeing me and she runs towards me before eloping me into a giant bear hug. Let's just say it's been quite long since I have been here.

"Ella!" She gasps near my ear.

I chuckle softly. "Amanda!" I greet her but it comes out muffled.

She finally pulls back, a huge smile on her face as she looks at me. Her gaze moves over to Sofia and she hugs her for a moment too. She looks over at Arthur and waves with a sweet smile.

Her blue eyes land on Luca and she looks back at me with a look I know all too well. "Oh no."

"When were you gonna tell me?" She teases but I shake my head. Before I can say anything, Arthur beats me to it.

"Tell you what?"

"That Ells has a new boyfriend," she says pointing towards Luca and I shut my eyes tightly. I wanna laugh. So I laugh.

"I am not her boyfriend," Luca gets defensive suddenly. "She is my sister-in-law!"

Amanda's eyes widen even more. Fuck, Luca! I shoot him a glare but he's too busy looking around the bakery.

"Sister-in-law?! You got married?" I can hear excitement but even a little sadness in her tone. Sadness because of course she's like my elder sister and who doesn't invite their elder sister to their wedding?

"No, no," I try to keep my calm and address this situation. "He's not my anything—it's a little complicated."

"Oh," she says, now confused.

"I-," I start again but I'm cut off by Sofia.

"Well she came here to actually tell you that She got engaged and want you at her wedding," Sof says with a little smile and Amanda's mouth stretches into a big one.

She again hugs me tightly. "Congratulations on your engagement, Ells."

I nod against her and she pulls back breaking the hug. Amanda takes a hold of my hand and pulls me to the back of the counter with her.

We all place our orders and I pay for the food. Though she doesn't let me, saying that it's a treat from her for my engagement. I let her think the goodies are on her while I slip the cash in her apron.

Knowing how much she is struggling right now, I couldn't have let her pay for me.

My gaze goes over to all the heavenly goods that are here. My mouth waters at the sight and I am unable to move my eyes.

There is so much variety. Chocolate chip muffin, vanilla cupcakes with raspberries on top, donuts, tarts—so many tarts and I love everything else that's here as well.

I have tried everything Amanda makes and sells. This is my comfort place in the city when I need to get out of the apartment or when I needed to get out of the mansion.

The week of my breakup, most of the time I was here at Amanda's bakery. I had tried almost everything and there was not a single that I felt like wasn't good.

Amanda hands us our orders and we make the way to the car.

I got donuts with chocolate filled inside it. Sofia got the strawberry tart, she has been here before and the strawberry tart is her go-to anytime.