Chapter 13

Day 17: Just the two of us

Play: Tummy hurts by Renée

He never came home, well atleast it's been 5 days, surprisingly I'm not mad.

Not that it bothered me because it was something I initially became used to but he could have atleast respected the condition we have. Ira and I have resumed our routine of before, we've been bonding more and Ithan has been visiting more,looks like him and Annah are getting serious because he's been glowing alot lately and he looks happy, he deserves it, he's been through alot.

He actually did question why Michale was living with us again but I never explained the thirty day condition and he didn't push either. Today I thought it would be great to eat out with Ira just the two of us, wear matching dresses and have a girls dinner night out.

Finishing off the documents I was busy with, and with Ira outside I grab a book to read but right there the door opens and he walks in.

"Ira is outside if you are looking for her" I say opening my book, he sits on the opposite of the couch.

"I don't think she saw me, look about me not coming-" I interrupt him.

"You don't have to explain, you were with your family weren't you" I say looking him in the eye, he clears his throat. I honestly don't want to fight or argue today.

"I had work to do, and I discussed the custody thing with Hannah" putting my book down, I face him completely, so he really asked her.

"She believes Ira is better off with you afterall you are the mother, and she isn't necessarily ready to be a mother" he says watching me closely, I just nod my head and go back to reading my book

"You're not going to say anything"

"No Michale sh-you guys made a  decision and I respect that decision" he looks at me confused but quickly recovers and stands up, deep down it hurts that he can not make a decision for himself it's understandable that they are building a future together but in that future he should remember he has a daughter that loves and needs him.

In the late afternoon Ira and I got ready to go for our mother and daughter date but that changed faster than I thought when she invited her father to come along, surprisengly he agreed on condition that she asked me if it was okay and so it was left on my shoulders to carry and obviously I agreed for the sake of Ira's happiness. The restaurant we went to was nothing short of classy and kids friendly.

"Mommy can I go to the play room" Ira whispers in my ear and I smile and nod, she hurries off quickly as if I was going to change my mind.

"Her birthday is in three days, what are you planning" he asks to my surprise.

"Well, she wants to celebrate with her classmates at school so that will happen in two days on a Friday and then on Saturday we'll celebrate at Kayla's house" he nods his head.

"Why Kayla's house" he asks, because its the every year routine as her God mother

"She has a pool" I say instead, wanting to break the tension I start a conversation "I hope you come along, this year the theme is barbie, you're going to need pink heels" I whisper the last part thinking he didn't hear me he laughs I join in and the rest of the night is spent with all three of us laughing and making jokes and of course with her telling us what she wants for her birthday and what she wants to wear all the way back home.

"A pink dress and pink heels and pi-" Michale and I look at each other and laugh, Ira just smiles from the back thinking we're laughing at her. Once we reach home, the car is filled with Ira's soft snores, looking forward I see a car by the driveway.

"Do you know who th-"

"S*it" Michale curses and exits the car,walking towards the car, a woman exits and they began arguing, she looks familiar but I can't see from afar, exiting the car I get Ira from the back and carry her, walking slowly towards them I notice who she is... Hannah, I stop in my tracks and watch them silently.

"You said you were working Michale but you're busy playing happy family" she shouts and pushes him slightly back

"I was at the office-Hannah can we go and-" she slaps him, and I gasp and move closer but stop myself this isn't my fight, finally noticing me she turns her back towards Michale and faces me completely.

"Wow, finally I meet the almighty Ilana, it is such a pleasure to finally meet you...not" she spits, there's so much venom and anger in her voice she moves slowly towards me and I hold onto Ira tightly.

"Hannah can we-"

"Shhh" she turns to look at Michale then back at me "I want to speak to your wife here" I just stare at her "You are so much more ugly in person, do you know that I am engaged to Micha-" I interrupt her.

"My husband you mean" I say calmly, she seems shocked for a second but then begins to laugh.

"You are so funny you know, when will you ever understand that he is not yours anymore, he loves me" she whispers, I feel my heart sting and just by staring at her I feel my insecurities get the better of me. I begin to walk away when she grabs my arm, I look at her hand on my arm

"Do you want to know something for free" she looks into my eyes "I am not your enemy nor your competion and I'll never be but if you must know this he might not be mine anymore as per your words but I will let you know that I will forever carry the best of both his worlds" I shrug her hand off my arm and walk towards my house and enter, leaving the two of them outside, if there's anything that I've learnt this far is that she's not my enemy I am my own enemy and it took time to accept that the one who promised to stick by me through all the storms and swim every ocean just to be with me has left me to drown in the very ocean,hearing the car ignite before I close the door I watch as he enters the car but not before looking my way and in return I close the door heading towards Ira's room.

Because after all, its always just been the two of us.

----------------------------
Happy Sunday diverse family, if you enjoyed this chapter make sure you 

Comment,Follow, Vote and remember to

Spread some love

Yours truly
-Diverselyunique