Chapter Seven

Day 7: Married again

"You're receiving an award for what again" I ask Kayla for the 10th time on the phone as we talk.

"Lana at this point, I probably sound like a broken record, you'll see tomorrow just get all dressed up and don't forget it's a night event" she repeats for the 200th time.

"Yes ma'am, evening event, I'll come decently dressed blah blah love you" I end the call before I got lectured.
I hurry downstairs to catch Michale before he leaves, I find him by the door and call out his name he turns to look at me and I freeze forgetting what I wanted to say.

"Uhm... Are you busy tomorrow evening, I need someone to look after Ira" I ask him.

"I can't tomorrow I have an-"

"It's fine thanks" I say going back upstairs, my only option right now is to ask Ithan to babysit, which I know he won't mind doing, now... What are you going to wear Illana?

This is one of the reasons why I don't like going out.

Kayla, I just realised that I have nothing to wear
Not longer than 2 minutes

I'll be there in 10, get ready

*****************
"I like the blue one more" Kayla says, I roll my eyes "blue does does not suit me Kay, remind me why I called you again?"

"Because I'm your best friend and you love me and I- o-ooh lala, look at that baby in the corner" she says hurrying over to a corner and coming back holding a lilac dress. 

"Wow"

"Wow indeed, this would look so good on you, you don't even have to try it on" she says fanning herself excitedly,

"But the price tag-"

"I'll pay half and you pay half" she says firmly "because there is no way you're leaving this dress" she says, already walking to the till.

"Kayla no, that's not-"

"Ilana please please" she says, I finally sigh in defeat "on condition that I pay for your shoes" she squints her eyes and finally stretches her hand towards me "Deal"

"Deal"

============

The clicking of our forks hitting our plates is the only sound at the table, preferably from the silence that Ira left us with as soon as Ithan suggested she sleep over at his place from today since both Michale and I will be out tomorrow. Silence fills the whole room, making it feel as if it was an empty room waiting to be filled with furniture.

"Ira seemed pretty excited to go over to Ithan's, do they do it often" he asks, I look up from my plate "The sleepovers" I just nod and he nods right after me.

"So you're busy tomorrow?" he asks slowly almost cautious not to cause or bring up any sign of being nosy, I nod nevertheless "Kayla has an award giving ceremony" he seems in shock and later recovers and says, "Hannah also has an award giving ceremony tomorrow"

Sting
Only then do I realise that we were going to the same place tomorrow evening, I simply smile and reply.

"Congratulations to her" I say and decide that it's better I retreat for the evening, I stand up and collect everything from the table when he also stands up to help clean up and we quietly head to the kitchen in silence.

I begin to wash when he retreats to the side of me and begins to wipe and pack, we do this silently until we're done with the little dishes that were there.

"Thank you" I say.

"Yeah sure"

I begin to walk away but turn to look at him, we look at each other silently.

"You can go you know, since Ira's not here you don't have to stay" I say, he looks at me without replying, when he keeps quiet I quickly add "Don't get me wrong I'm not chasing you out"

"No... I'll spend the night here, maybe we might even leave together tomorrow" he says "Only because we're going the same direction" he quickly adds. Of course right.

"Uhmmm... Sure"

"Goodnight Michale" he nods "Good night Ilana"

At midnight

I wake up to noise in the kitchen, and I hurry out of bed to go and have a look, slowly tip toeing I grab anything on the isle next to the staircase and move across to the kitchen, it's dark, I see a shadow in the kitchen and I quickly hit the person on the head with whatever I was holding.

"Ahhhhh" I scream, "What the-ahh"

"Michale?" I call out and then only then do I remember that he was here... He's been here all along "Oh my gosh I'm so so sorry" I hurry to put the lights on, in the middle of the kitchen he stands holding his head wincing and grunting, clearly in pain.

I quickly make him sit and grab some ice and begin to rub it on his head "Are you okay?" I ask.

"Yep just fine, as you can see I'm sleeping and I'm just fine" not missing the sarcasm lurking in his voice.

"I'm so sorry Michale I forgot that you were eve-even here I'm so used-"

"Ilana it's fine" he says.

"-to it being just Ira and I, I'm so sorry I'm so stupid-"

"Ilana"

"I swear I didn't do it on purpos-" someone pulls me by the waist and places me between their legs, I stop talking and meet with the ocean blue eyes that make my legs weak and my heart rate increase.

"Ilana I said its okay, it was my fault from the beginning I shouldn't have been lurking around in the dark anyways" he says, with his arms firmly around my waist, I stop breathing for a second and stare into the eyes of the man that I loved...love, still love to this day, silence befalls onto us and we just continue to stare into each other's eyes, the moment is gone before I can blink to see if it was even reality as he moves his arms and only then do I come back to my senses, I take a small step back and clear my throat.

"Sorry...uhm, let me get you pain killers" I say and quickly rush to grab the pills and hand them to him with a glass of water. Guilt rips through as a small bump develops on his forehead I think he notices because he shakes his head.

"I'm fine" he says, I nod and slowly back up.

"Okay, I'm gonna go... Goodnight" I hurry out of the kitchen, back into my room and collapse on the floor.

Unshed tears threaten to come down, rolling like a river from it's source to it's mouth, I want to cry because that little moment I had with him was enough to make me remember all the times and memories replaying in my head  because in the end, I would kill to go back to the old days when life was an experience and our marriage was not a commitment but a journey that we both undertook and oath to take the journey till death did us apart because all I could wish for was to be married again to ocean that sailed my boat.
__________(diverselyunique) __________

Ilana sure is going through alot, any thoughts so far? Apologies for updating slowly I'll try to be more  consistent.

If you've made this far please don't forget to :

Comment,Follow and Vote and remember to

Spread some love

Yours truly
-Diverselyunique