𝟎𝟎𝟖 [𝐀𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐮𝐬] | 𝐓𝐨𝐨 𝐂𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞

Requested by
TheOfficialValen01
Atreus x reader
Hope you like it!
_______________

Your and Atreus's relationship was...something to say the least. Throughout your journey with them you've both spared long gazing glances with eachother. Cared for eachothers wellbeing more than friends should if that makes sense. You thought something was brewing between the two of you, but along came Angrboda. Wise yet beautiful giant much more than you, just a midgardian who sought to travel with the trio. But a midgardian who can defend themselves than an average one. Good for him but you were just...disappointed. No matter what though, there was always that unspoken thing between the two of you. Will it ever be spoken of?

When it's life or death put on the line will it make Atreus realize what he has yet sought to gain?...So there you are. With the quad. Fighting Odin. Let's just hope you don't die.

《°•°•°•°•°》

"Brjóta!"

I began to feel the ground shake, looking at Atreus. We both shared the same expression before running towards eachother. Before making it, the ground caved in and we all fell.

"[y/n]!" I hear Atreus yell before falling. Hitting the ground face first hurt like hell. Looking around all I see is the dust from the ground above collapsing. Raising my hand to my face I feel pain throbbing on my forehead. Bringing my hand back I see that I'm bleeding profusely. I also felt a slight drop coming from my nose. Putting my hand near my nose I see that I'm also bleeding from it as well.

"[y/n] are okay!?" I hear Atreus yell not far from me. Looking up I see him running towards me, he falls fast on his kness and tries to pick me up from my shoulders. Still in a confused state from the fall I don't give him a response.

Once on my feet he checks me up and down and sees the damage I've taken. "Oh shit- you're gonna be fine [y/n]. Just a scratch, nothing you can't handle right?" He says in a cheerful manner to try to make me subside the pain.

"Yeah- tis but a scratch." I reply trying to sound cheerful as well but failing as a few coughs come through. He smiles at my attempt and brushes my hair out of my face.

"Thats good- just stay behind me alright? I don't want you getting hurt." He says as he pushes me behind him and walks forward.

"Father? Freya?" Atreus calls out and reaches behind him and grabs the mask. Bringing it forward in front of him it began to glow green. I see him looking back and forth between the mask and the truth of creation. Not far I see Odin making his way near it.

"Atreus..." I grab his left shoulder to gets his attention. He looks where my hand is then looks at me. I nod my head past him and he turns to see what I was looking at.

"You did it! Loki!" Atreus gets startled and backs up with a hand out, signals me to step back as well. Odin advances towards us and I get ready to fight.

"No, no, no! No more fighting. No." Odin lets out a laugh and puts down his weapon. "None of that matters now! This is your moment, Loki. Gróa tried to hide you from me. But this is your destiny- Champion of the Jötunar. Only he can put on the mask...Only he can gaze into the truth of creation."

As Odin speaks to Atreus, Atreus walks forward more to go closer to Odin. Manipulator is what Odin is, does he really expect us to trust him after what he did do his own son!?