19

So much to fight for

I wake up in a warehouse, a different one than before.
"Hello?" I call out against my better judgment
"Finally, you're here." A voice answers
"Where are we?" I ask
A figure emerges from the darkness. it's a boy, no older than me, "I think you know the answer to that Y/n."

I look around the dark room and study the walls. It's the old cannery, the one we all used to play at as kids. We used to ride down on our bikes and when we would finish we would bike back to our houses on adjacent parts of the street. Simpler times, before my mom was sick. I don't remember a time the cannery was even open, neither did mom.

"Who are you?" I ask
"I think you know the answer to that too." The boy answers
"Zero?" I ask
"You're smart." The boy says
"How are we here? I went to sleep at home."
"Your powers mixed with mine. My electrical manipulation combined with your precognition allows me into your subconscious and most likely the other way around. I'm sure you can figure out how." He chuckles, "you were making it really hard to keep myself unknown. Your powers are hard to suppress."
"It was you?"
"Most things are."
You think hard. You feel less clouded now, "Liam?"
"Ding, ding, ding. Give the girl a prize."
"Why are you doing this?"
"Meet me here, alone. I'll tell you all about it."
"Why would I do that?"
"I assume you prefer your friends alive"

I know he's telling the truth. I can feel it.
"Agreed."
He nods and I wake up in my room dripping with a cold sweat, but I know what I have to do now.

I jump up and throw some clothes on. I scribble down where I'm going on a post it. I'm not dumb enough to not tell anyone where I'm going, but I'm also not dumb enough to bring someone with me.

I stop outside of Five's door, but pause. I don't want to worry him. Besides, I have far too many things I've left unsaid. I'd rather the last thing we ever talked about be how we're going to find Zero and then Five would finally take me on a date. Deep down I wanted to believe I'd be able to come back for the date.
I can't believe I wasted so much time hating him when I could be out of it now. Honestly I can't believe I fell for him. If you told me that a few months ago I would've laughed in your face. He'd probably say something stupid like, I'd rather saw my own finger off with a pencil.

I stick the note on the outside of Klaus's door. At least if I die he'll know, he'll see me. I'd be waiting for him to wake up and find the note. Maybe he could tell everybody the things I never got to tell them myself. I could say goodbye.
Pull it together Y/n. You aren't going to die today.

I walk down the familiar and nostalgic roads that lead to a place I would play. The danger never scared anyone, in fact it excited us, but now I'm not a kid anymore and I'm all alone. I'm terrified.

"That was fast." Liam calls out from the darkness.
I cross my arms, "cut to the chase Liam."
"Someone's cranky."
"Don't you have some tragic villain origin story for me or something?"
He chuckles, "I see why five likes you so much."
"I don't have all night"

"Fine, you want a villain backstory? I'm your brother, our mother sold me to Sir Reginald and kept you, he locked me in a basement, I hate you, if you die I can join the academy, but if they died I wouldn't really care, yada yada yada."
I stare at him questioningly, "is that a joke?"
"No, I'm serious."
"That makes no sense."
"I don't have all night to explain." He mocks
I lift my chin, "So what do we have to do?"
"Well either you kill me or I kill you, but I don't think you could do that with your bare hands."

I'll certainly try.
He charges at me and it all becomes a blur. Fight or flight takes over and I've never been one to run. Not when I have so much to fight for.
I pin him to the ground and push my knee into his neck.
I see a flash in the corner of my eye and feel a jolt. I drop to the ground and my vision starts to fade. I see Liam brush himself off and walk away, leaving me for dead.

What they say about your life flashing before your eyes, it's all true. My best memories float through my mind.

Klaus, Diego, Allison, Vanya, Ben I never got to tell them how much they meant to me or how much better they made my life. Like our karaoke nights, Five and Luther hated them, but they were my favorite, Especially Ben singing Brittany Spears.

I never got to talk to Five, I never got to tell him I loved him. I never got to say how much I liked our late nights talks and debates. Or got him to stop drinking his coffee black.

And Luther, I still hate him, I don't want him to be my be of the last things I think of. What an *sshole.

I never got to see my mom get better. I hope she finds someone else. Someone to take care of her when I'm gone. I'm glad she always knows I love her.

I thought I would have more time, time to share my life with them. Time to make memories. I hope they don't forget about me, but I hope they don't miss me too much either.

As I lose consciousness all I can think is I hope we all are happier in the end.

Precognition (five x reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें