48 👑 The Fallen Emperor

Start from the beginning

"I hate you! You made my life a living hell!" Hyesoo screamed.

He took a deep breath as he coughed more blood. He remembered playing with Taehyung and Rhea in his childhood. He also remembered playing with his best friend, Kim Nari. She never actually grew up. He remembered their unfortunate wedding when Hyesoo had saved his life once again by risking hers. He wished he could see her for one last time.

"Hyung! I want to be like you when I grow up" baby Taehyung spoke.

"Believe me Yoongi, it's poisoned."

He remembered the first-night Hyesoo summited herself to him. He still felt the purity of her love on his skin. He recalled her wide smile when they were staying with the commoners in disguise. He coughed more blood.

"I love you, your Majesty. No force can separate us." Yoongi claimed her lips in reply.

Yoongi recalled the best day of his life when he heard Hyesoo was pregnant. He remembered her happy tears and shy smile. He felt more tears cloud his vision as he recalled his promise to protect her and stay by her side.

"Promise me not to kill Jungkook and also not die yourself?"

He was only able to keep a part of it. He couldn't even see his son for once. His body was now numb as his heart barely pumped blood into his system. He could not move anymore.

Min Yoongi stood under the starry night with an arm wrapped around Hyesoo's body. Her cheeks were strained with tears. "Our love story is woven by the string of fates, guess fate doesn't want us to be happy." She choked back her sob. It was the last night he had spent with her before the war began.

"Our love will be going down in history. It will be remembered generation after generation." Yoongi assured.

"No matter which era it is, I'll make sure to find you, my king. I love you Min Yoongi." She closed her eyes as Yoongi pressed his lips to hers.

Only if he could see her once last time, hold her soft hand for one last time, hear her soothing voice and see her smiling widely at him with his son in her arms for one last time. Everything seemed like a sweet dream to him. The last thing he saw was Hyesoo approaching him. He smiled at his hallucination before his eyes went still.

However, Yoongi wasn't hallucinating. Hyesoo reached the battlefield but it was too late. "Yoongi!!!" She screamed with all her might as she saw her husband in Jungkook's arms with an arrow struck on his chest. She jumped off her horse and ran towards him at full speed. Every second was precious to her.

She stopped just before the two Emperors as Jungkook laid his body on the ground and stood up with a guilty face. "I am sorry... Hyesoo-ah." He looked at the ground and whispered.

Hyesoo's red puffy eyes went to and fro between Yoongi and Jungkook. "This isn't true. This isn't happening in real life. This is one of my nightmares. Yoongi can't die. His son is waiting for him. Yoojin wants to see his father. Elesia needs her Emperor. He just can't die like this." She gasped as she stepped back in denial. She dared not to step closer to Yoongi's blood-covered body fearing her nightmare might be true.

"Hyesoo-" Jungkook tried to touch her fragile form but she flinched back.

"Don't you dare touch me!" She screamed. "I had told you to stop. I had begged you numerous times to prevent the war. Yet you did. You never listened to me." She accused him, "You killed my love. You killed the other half of my soul. Is this how you love me, Jeon Jungkook?!!"

"I- " Jungkook's words stuck in his throat. He was supposed to be happy about his victory but what he felt was nothing near happiness. It was eternal guilt that ate him up. The guilt of snatching the smile from the only girl he had loved. His selfish desires destroyed everything.