ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 30: ᴛʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴄᴏ-ᴡᴏʀᴋᴇʀꜱ ꜱᴏᴜɴᴅꜱ ɴɪᴄᴇ

Start from the beginning

I picked up my pace and did a small jog to catch up to them. While making my way towards them I removed my earbuds and paused the music. I was now close enough to be able to recognise the person. There was only one Quirk Doctor with neon blue hair that I knew. Nakamura Keiji. Before anyone asks yes that is indeed his natural hair colour. It was almost the same colour as the strips on his coat.

"Oi, Nakamura." I said.

Nakamura turned his head from side to side probably looking for the person who had said his name.

"Look behind you."

To my luck, Nakamuradid actually look behind him. His glowing neon green eyes scanned the area before landing on me. He gave me a small wave and stopped walking waiting for me to catch up. With some large steps, I was soon right beside him.

"Good morning, Nakamura." I greeted him with a sing-song voice.

"Good morning to you too, (l/n)."

Nakamura was one of my seniors. Specifically, the one who oversaw my work back when I first got my licence. I spent about seven months under his watchful eye before I was allowed to work on my own. Which is only one month longer than average. Normally, you spent about half a year with a certified Quirk Doctor after getting your licence. Some spent less and some spent more. I was a bit slower than others, but Nakamura did not seem to mind having to oversee my work for a bit longer.

"Are you going to HQ?" I asked Nakamura

"Yes, I am on my way to the headquarter"

I nodded my head before asking my next question.

"Would you mind if I accompanied you there?"

"I don't mind at all. Heading to work?" Nakamura asked.

I shook my head at his question. and gave him a big smile.

"I have the day off. I just finished helping U.A High School with some of their exams." I explained.

"That's nice. But why are you on the way to the headquarter then?"

"I was thinking I was going to do some training. Since you can't use your quirk in a normal fitness centre, I thought I would use one of our own training rooms." I hummed.

Nakamura gave me a nod and then we started walking again.

We began to chit-chat as we walked, talking about whatever came to our minds.

It was nice to catch up with Nakamura again. I had not been able to see him for a long time. We each had our own work to do. It made sense he was no longer tasked to oversee my work and we worked in two different parts of Japan, so it made sense that I had seen him for a while. Nakamura worked in areas with big forests, mountains and smaller cities. It was the perfect environment for someone with his quirk. Nakamura is basically a human glowstick, to sum up, his quirk. So, it made a lot of sense that he worked in areas where natural light had a hard time finding its way. He was also extremely skilled at doing night rescues. Nakamura was also just a skilled Quirk Doctor in general. But he had also been working as a Quirk Doctor for a long time.

"It is so nice to see you have become an excellent young Quirk Doctor." Nakamura said with a fond tone.

"I admit I was a bit worried when I was first assigned to oversee you. You were such a young person. If I recall correctly, you were the youngest in your class. A lot of my co-workers were actually worried it would be too hard for you, since you were so young. But you pulled through and look at you know. Helping one of the most well know Hero schools."

"Oh, please I was hardly the youngest Quirk Doctor on the field. It's true that I was the youngest in my class but the year after me had an even younger person." I giggled.