CHAPTER XIV: HEALING SOUL

WARNING!! TO THOSE UNDER THE AGE OF 18 READER, ADVISE YOU TO SKIP TO THE NEXT CHAPTER, PLEASE!! SERIOUSLY, I MEAN IT!! 

THANKS FOR YOUR ATTENTION!!

MESSAGE BROUGHT TO YOU BY HAMMERBOY!!

As the victor in one week war, Elfriden's kingdom occupies Half of Amidonia including the capital city of Van, and defeats Gaius VIII as the main instigator of the conflict. But most of them are aware of the Amidonian membership of Humanity declaration spearheaded by the Gran Chaos Empire. Nomura can't contain his excitement that he was part of an international conflict and led an army to end the war. Besides the excitement, he too witnesses the cruelty of war such as the killing of thousands of people. It will stick with him forever. 

As the group enters the castle, Souma sits on the throne and gathers all his advisors and generals to report the situation in Van. People of Van still have negative views of Elfriden and they still blame them for the war. Although their country is the first one who invades. 

Nomura and Rudovin give their reports about the disappearance of the Amidonian Princess and Crown Prince Julius that escaped during the last battle. All ministers and government officials are missing. Souma orders Rudovin to send a message to Parnam to send some government officials and told Hakuya to join up with them. Nomura suggests that Alec will be acting chancellor to govern Parnam for the time being. Souma agrees to his suggestion.  

Next, Poncho reports that the Amidonian treasury is dried up. He only found tons of military equipment and weapons. Souma isn't surprised as Amidonia is a military state. Souma ordered Poncho to sell all of the weapons to fill Amidonian coffers. Although, Nomura suggested that he want some of the military equipment and any magic item to be sent to his domain and Nohlas Berg for research purposes. 

Then, it's Glaive and Dayne's turn to give reports. 

"Because of the effect of 'display', the soldiers are standing by without causing much trouble. However, if these restrictions continue too long, they will cause trouble to the populace" As Glaive said 

"Your highness, I have ordered my soldiers and cavalry to patrol the Van to maintain order and keep our soldiers not to cause problems for inhabitants. However, I don't have enough men to secure most of the regions" Dayne reports 

Souma then have an idea "(Humming) How about we provide them with girls and alcohol from local tavern and brothels?" 

Glaive and Dayne seem surprised by Souma's suggestion "Are sure about that?" 

Souma looks confused at Glaive's question "Well, we can't be causing problems for the people, you know?" 

Then, Dayne stepped in to explain "What Sir Glaive meant is that is it okay to let our soldiers play and rest? Because this is our great chance to annex all of Amidonia" Dayne said.