K - Kids

As Aizawa heard your voice echo through the empty room while you made your way back to the balcony, two cups of tea in hand, he felt a sense of relief wash over him. He had been tense all day long, this was your first time stepping foot in U.A. in years - your second time ever, the first having been when Nemuri dragged you to "see her new job", before your relationship with him even started. However, what truly had him anxious was the conditions of this sudden visit.

Aizawa had taken a move he knew was something of an overreach - and also possibly an overreaction. You, much like him, valued your independence and privacy so he feared that a point of tension would arise when he proposed for you to stay with him in his quarters at the school. This wasn't for nothing and it certainly wouldn't be forever, it would only be on during the days leading to the ambush on the Eight Precepts. Normally, Aizawa wouldn't be that paranoid, but with everything that had been happening in recent months, he felt it would be better safe than sorry.

Much to his relief, however, you seemed to easily understand his reasoning. Though, as you walked through the gates with him this morning, he still feared you might have agreed only to appease him and feel resentful of the decision. But as you placed a cup of tea on the floor before him and sat down on the balcony, looking out into the dorm buildings, he felt safe that his worries were for nothing.

"You know," you broke him out of his thoughts, before taking a long sip from your tea, "if you were like, maybe ten years older, I'd be pretty sure he was your kid."

Oh yeah, you'd spent your day with Nemuri - who had the day off - and after the tour of the school, she'd taken you to watch some of the student's training through the CCTV. It just so happened he had been training with Shinso today. Aizawa drank from his tea before looking at you in disbelief.

"Really?"

"Yeah," you gestured to him with your cup, almost spilling the contents on the floor, "I can clearly see why you got so attached to that kid."

"This is illogical," Aizawa shook his head and turned to look out of the balcony. "You only saw him from a distance," he took a drink before turning back to you again. "And through the camera."

"And if I had seen him from up close, I'd be even more sure," you sent a sarcastic smile to him and shrugged.

"Ridiculous..."

As Aizawa shook his head and rolled his eyes you laughed once more. "Ah, Eraserhead," drinking from your cup again you looked back at him. "What is ridiculous is you trying to play big bad when you are just extra soft for kids with hero dreams," you smiled softly for a second and then turned back to looking out of the balcony, resting your arms on the railing. "It's actually really cute."

Mimicking your movement, Aizawa turned back to the outside view, merely grunting in response. You both fell into silence, but where usually your silences would be comfortable ones, this one felt heavy. He couldn't really place his finger on what exactly was the problem, but as he stole a glance your way he felt as if you had suddenly become tense and distant. Before he realized what was wrong, however, you spoke again, eyes still focused on the dorms in the distance, voice lower and almost sad.

"Shota, hum, do I..." You paused in insecurity, something he hadn't seen in you for the longest time, he watched you steal a sideways glance at him and felt a knot forming in his throat. He felt he knew where this was going, you'd both been here before. "Am I robbing you of having something you wanted?" He felt your voice waver and the knot in his throat tightened, though he still felt it better to let you say all that you wanted. "'Cause I can't have children, am I robbing you of that? Of... a family?"

"No."

His answer was firm and direct as he placed his hand over yours on the railing. There wasn't really much else that could be said, this was the pure truth, though as you looked back at him he hoped his eyes could reflect all the feelings his words couldn't at the moment. This wasn't a new conversation, he was just unprepared for it to come back so suddenly. You'd had this talk after the incident, at the hospital, and then after you'd made your recovery. It always made his heart heavy knowing you could think you were somehow lacking or that he was settling for a lesser life by choosing to stay with you.

"It's just..." Your voice wavered and you turned to look at the ground, swallowing hard before speaking. "Seeing you with Eri, and Shinsou, and your class, I -"

"You are not robbing me of anything," Aizawa chose to interrupt you this time, lacing his fingers with yours as you looked back towards him. Taking a deep breath, he spoke again, voice certain and yet soft. "I've told you this before, I love you, and I already have a family, we are already a family. I don't need children, I don't want them, all I want is you, here, with me. My happiness is already complete."

Aizawa kept his eyes fixed on yours the whole time, his loving gaze never faltering. He hoped that you'd know, he hoped that you could feel that he meant what he said. That he meant that and far more that he never knew how to put in words. He watched you bite your lip and close your eyes. Closing his own he moved closer and touched his forehead to yours, nose rubbing against your own, breathing in deeply he spoke again.

"All I want is to be able to come back home to you, nothing else matters," this time he felt his own voice waver as he squeezed your hand tight.

Feeling you return his gesture, Aizawa opened his eyes and was met with your own. He smiled and when you smiled back at him he felt relief wash over his entire being. Closing his eyes and tilting his head slightly he laid a soft kiss on your lips. You kissed him back, moonlight bathing the two of you as a light breeze caressed your skin. You stayed like that for a few moments, just cherishing the softness of each other's lips and the light silence that held no fear or doubt.

Smiling, Aizawa separated your lips but still kept his forehead touching yours. As you opened your eyes he could see the spark of joy he usually found within you. Even in your most tired and worn out moments he always found that you looked at him with a joy that spread to his gaze and warmed his soul. Things would be better again, so he'd allow himself a rare moment of humor.

"Besides," Aizawa sighed deeply, closing his eyes as he did so, "I have my hands full with the students already, they may look cute but they only trouble," opening his eyes again he rolled them as you laughed lightly, although he may have exaggerated to get a laugh from you, that was mostly true.

You closed your eyes and sighed loudly before looking at him again, a smile gracing your face as you spoke. "You are quite something, Shota," it was your turn to squeeze his fingers. "And if those kids turn out to be half the hero you are, then the future is already safe."

As he heard you speak, voice low and full of feeling, Aizawa felt his heart tighten as he found himself at a loss of words. You two spent a moment in that silence as he didn't find the words to reply, his eyes held on your warm gaze the entire time. Before he knew it, you had closed the small gap between you both with another soft kiss. Aizawa gave himself into your lips, pouring his heart and soul into the gesture. No words were necessary anymore.