Suddenly, a growing spot of dark red saturated the side of a grey sweatshirt, very visible in the wave of grey material around her yet no one seemed to notice what happened. She didn't know the person and couldn't see his face that was no doubt in pain.

Daisy tore her eyes from the blood, mouth parted open in shock and hands pained and shaking. She made eye contact with an inmate wearing identical clothes but with a dirtied jagged knife in his grip. He didn't look away from her but instead his stare intensified, as if he had intended for her to see.

Only when the stabbed man's knees began to fall did it break her gaze and a fearful scream violently rip through her throat.

This, of course, alerted Seth immediately who shoved his tray to someone beside him in order to take Daisy's off her and pull her into a protective bear hug, hands covering her head as if there was an attack from all areas.

Everyone else in the cafeteria was also on high alert and fell silent immediately. They looked at where her wide eyes were fixated and some inmates moved away whilst others eagerly went to grab the man that showed no resistance.

It was like he anticipated the reaction and getting caught doing a crime he had no intention of hiding. His eyes didn't leave hers, filling Daisy with an uneasy feeling at the eerie stare.

She wondered if this was the man that left the note in her book. Despite Seth's connections, he didn't find the culprit but resided to just focus on protecting her 24/7. It seemed now there was no need to keep searching.

The commotion alarmed the guards and loud shouts and horns very quickly followed. Everything happened in a blur. Suddenly there were more red than grey infront of her and the sounds of fists landing on faces echoed in the loud cafeteria.

Daisy was violently shaking in Seth's arms from fear that rattled every inch of her. Her eyes didn't leave the attackers once again and so she watched fearfully as his face morphed into one of pure aggression. She watched as he shook off the arms holding him, both guards and prisoners and began to charge at her like a bull in a ring.

Fortunately, more people piled on the man, the people that weren't currently fighting themselves. The attempt alone, however, made Daisy jump out of her skin.

"Seth!" She screamed, high pitching and wobbly. From opening her mouth, the terror came out of her in vomit form, which made the whole scene more chaotic than she thought was possible.

In her distress, she didn't notice Nate and Levi had found them and were already forcing a path to the exit. Without another word, her knight in shining armour scooped her into his arms and valiantly ran out of the cafeteria with sharp elbows.

~~~

She watched with a pitiful sick frown on her face as Maria checked her eyes and all other basic areas for any sign of illness.

"I don't know what's up with you. Why do you always get in these situations?" The nurse asked rhetorically.

Daisy replied, "what else would you expect from a girl in an all men's prison."

She tilted her head. "You make a good point, babe. You are very lucky that you got Seth looking after you though." Maria looked and sounded jealous but it also didn't seem like a mean type of jealousy. It was more sad and Daisy felt slightly guilty that she took the nurse's longtime crush from her.

She imagined she had dreamed of receiving the same caring protection that Daisy had from Seth. Maria would often try to limit the amount of times she'd tell her only female patient about the abuse she'd receive from some of the male inmates, in an attempt to be professional and not worry her. However, it wasn't hard to imagine the scenarios Maria would be in.