"Are you okay Tyson?", I asked looking over at him.

He didn't answer and just held out his arms. I picked him up and hugged him tightly as he buried his snout into my neck with his brother and sister. It infuriated me to no end what lung had done to my family. What he did by killing my and Adelind's parents in front of us was bad enough, but by doing that and targeting us he had made our cubs emotional wrecks. Losing a loved one was something they were far too young to experience. The rage at it was boiling over, making the Black Wind blow at me ever harder, threatening to take my mind away from me and let lose all the Primal rage our breed had tried so hard to condition out of each passing generation. The rage that had brought our breed to it's knees and nearly wiped us out. The rage that once accessed, required tight discipline at every moment to keep yourself from unleashing it on everyone and everything around you.

"Promise me you kill him", Tyson said pulling his snout out of my neck and looking me in the eyes, "promise me you tear him apart, don't stop until he's nothing but a blue paste."

Adelind looked at him with surprise, as did I. At his age Tyson shouldn't be talking like that. Everyone knew it, but I don't think that he did.

"He's going to die Tyson", I said, "I'll chase him until the day I die if I must, he will never be safe, never be secure, anywhere he goes I will chase him. He will know the meaning of the word prey."

Tyson didn't respond after that, he only lay his head on my shoulder. After a few more minutes of trying to comfort them, but not doing much, they had fallen asleep. Adelind shut off the Xbox and put up the controllers while I walked back to our room and put them in the bed. I gave them all a kiss and covered them with the comforter before walking back out into the living room. Adelind was sitting beside the kitchen counter with her tail swishing across the floor.

"What should we do?", she asked, "their nightmares aren't just going to go away."

"I know", I said, "there's nothing in this world that's going to numb the pain their feeling. I'm not even worried about myself so much as I am them."

Adelind sighed, "There too young for all of this. I wish we could just jump ship and forget any of this ever happened."

"I'd still like to know why we were marked for death in the first place", I said opening the fridge for some left over pizza, which I put into the toaster oven, "just would like to know what started this whole mess."

"You and I both", Adelind answered walking to my side and leaning against me. I put my wing around her and nuzzled her neck. I could still feel how shallow her breathing was. Her entire body was tense, like she was getting ready for a fight.

"I can feel how tense you are through my wing", I told her.

"Is it that bad?", she asked quietly.

"Yeah", I answered, "you need to try and loosen up, your going to hurt yourself."

"I know. It's just..."

She was interrupted by a knock on our door. From the other side, I heard Danny call.

"Dad?", he asked, "you home?"

"It's open boys", I said.

Danny opened the door and peaked his head in, "are we interrupting something? Which I hope were not?"

"No", I said sighing, "come in."

"Wow", Alex said stepping inside, "you sound really not happy to see us."

"It's not you Alex", I said, "it's Lung. He murdered our parents."

Danny and Alex exchanged glances, I could tell they weren't sure what was up.