Ch. 61 Stirling's Strings

Start from the beginning

"We've missed you too! The shop's looking great."

"Thanks, as much as I was against it, the drum sets have actually brought in a few more customers. So anyway, Todrick! How was the internship?"

"It was great! Good pay, they treated me well... I just want to check out one more position before I make any final decisions though."

"Smart, always look at your options. I taught you well."

Kevin and Todrick playfully rolled their eyes at her.

"So..." Kevin started, "Now that you've caught up a bit..."

Lindsey rolled her eyes too and walked further into the room.

"Gimme a second. So needy." She told him, mumbling the last part to herself.

She came back a few seconds later, rolling a big case toward them. Setting it on the table, Lindsey unzipped it and revealed Kevin's cello, all fixed up.

"This what you looking for?" She asked, and Kevin ran and gave her a hug.

"Yes! Thank you! Thank you, thank you, thank you, you beautiful goddess!!!" Then he let her go and turned to his cello. "Hi, baby! I'm so sorry I was rough with you, it'll never happen again. I promise I'll be more careful from now on!"

Lindsey stood back next to Todrick as Kevin started hugging and kissing the instrument.

"Some things never change, right?" Todrick lamented, and she sighed.

"Yep. Some things never change." They just watched him pamper his cello for a few seconds before Lindsey spoke up again. "Ya'know, if you treated a girl how you treat your cello, you'd be set for life."

"You mean mainly using her when I'm in a somewhat bad mood to make myself feel better, get so upset or so focused when things don't go my way that I accidentally end up hurting her, and showering her with affection saying I'll never do it again, only for it to actually happen another time because something happens that makes me lose focus or get upset again?" Kevin asked. "Treat a girl like that? Because I do believe that's called an abusive relationship."

"Ah, so he admits his relationship with his cello is toxic." Todrick joked, lightly nudging Lindsey and making her laugh.

Kevin gave an obnoxiously offended gasp and held the cello closer.

"How dare you! What Beyoncé and I have is special!" Then he turned back to the cello. "Shh, don't listen to them, baby. They're just jealous of how amazing you are."

Lindsey and Todrick rolled their eyes as he gave it another kiss.

"Sometimes I wonder what it's like to be like Kevin, with all those smarts in his giant brain. Then I remember he does stuff like this and I stop wondering." Todrick admitted, and Lindsey laughed again.

"Man, I really missed you, Todd. It feels so good knowing someone else is making fun of him from time to time."

Kevin stuck his tongue out at them and started setting up his cello. "What do you say? Can I still have my discount?"

"I don't know. Can you stop kissing your cello long enough to actually play it?"

"She's a her, and yes I can." Kevin paused for a second and gave Beyoncé another kiss. Todrick and Lindsey raised an eyebrow, unimpressed. "Hey, we haven't started yet, that one didn't count."

With another eyeroll, Lindsey sighed and said, "Let me grab my violin. You're lucky I like you."

Kevin gave a tiny cheer and Todrick just shook his head. While she was gone, Kevin started making sure Beyoncé was properly tuned and sighed.