Chapter 19 - Safe Zone

~~ Ohm ~~

"You did not answer me. Can I stay at your place? You know my father will force me to talk to Niran if I go home." Ink asked once again to me when I walked back to my cabin after not being able to find Nanon anywhere.

I took a deep breath and turned to her. "I can't take you to my place. I am sorry but I cannot take this decision alone. I am not the only one living there."

"I will talk to Aim. She will not refuse me." She insisted.

"I am talking about Nanon. In fact, nowadays he stays most of the time at home. More than me and Aim. So ideally I should ask him first."

"C'mon Ohm. It's your house. I am sure Nanon would have never lived in such a big house before. No offense but does he even know how many rooms does your house has?"

I took a moment to keep my calm. I understand Ink is not in right state of mind right now. But this is not the girl I knew. How can she talk like that?

"Ink, Nanon is my husband." I said with a brief smile. "And which means everything I own belongs to him too. My house, my properties, my hotels and even this office where we are standing right now. It all belongs to him as well. And besides, as I said, that house belongs to him more. Because he spends most of his time there."

Ink looked at me unable to form any words.

I smiled wide once. "Come, I'll show you something."

I sat on my chair and opened the camera footages of my house on my laptop. "Look at this. Do you recognize this place?" I turned to Ink.

"It's your house of course." She shrugged confused.

"Yeah, but can you see the difference? See..." I opened the garden camera. "Look at all the colorful flower patches. These were planted by Nanon. My lawn looks so colorful I sometimes feel like hosting a flower show would do justice to it. And look here..."

I switched to the camera of the living room. "The couch, the curtains, even the arrangements..." I chuckled. "He changed it all. He and Aim ganged up against me and updated everything in just three days. And then our bedroom..."

"Our bedroom? Y-you guys share a room?" Ink asked interrupting me with a shocked expression.

"Of course. What kind of question is that? Wait, I'll show you it's décor... No..." I stopped. "Wait. Sorry I can't."

I cannot show her my room. She will get to see the partition pillows on the bed.

"Why?"

"Ummm... It's personal." I just replied with a brief smile.

Ink went silent for a moment. She looked around the cabin with expressions I couldn't make sense of. She looked everywhere but at me.

"Fine... I understood. Nothing here is same as before." She grimaced while I was just looking at her confused. "Whatever! At least, can I stay in a room here then?" she asked looking annoyed.

"Sure you can." I smiled at her. "I'll get you a VIP suite."

"I can stay in your suite. You have one reserved for you in each of your hotels, I know." She said.

"Ummm that would be inappropriate."

"Now why is that?"

"That's my private suite with my personal stuff."

"Ohm... It's just me. Why are you being like this? We were so comfortable back in university." Ink said with disbelief.

"I don't really understand why I need to explain this to you. You are Niran's fiancé. And I am married to Nanon. Things are no more the like the same old university students."