50| My Soulmate

I strode out of my office building to see Finlay standing outside leaning against his car waiting for me. When he saw me walking towards him, he stood straight and looked at me with his concerned gaze.

"How did it go?"

"I got it," I mumbled, and my lips stretched into a huge grin. "I got the promotion!"

"Aye!" He pulled me into a hug and spun us. "I knew you could do it!"

It's been months since the night Finlay came to my apartment and remembered me. At first, he wasn't sure since he thought they were dreams, but soon he realized it. I took him to all the places we'd been trying to trigger his memories, and from time to time; he remembered everything.

We also have been dating since. I confessed to him that night because I couldn't hold it in me any longer. He told me he was already in love with me and... Well, we didn't waste any second after that and made things official.

Finlay also remembered that I was doing his investigation for the story, so he told me to write it. I knew people won't believe me if I wrote about his soul in it, so I changed it a little and after working on it for weeks, I submitted the story to my uncle last week.

And today they announced the results.

Everyone loved it and my uncle knew I was born for it, so he promoted me to an investigative journalist.

I got my dream job in my dream city and my dream guy.

Aren't I lucky?

"It's me who we're talking about." I flipped my hair when he put me down.

"Says the girl who's been freaking out since last week," Finlay smirked, flicking my nose.

"It was curiosity." I scrunched my nose at him.

"Come here, my curious Katz." He chuckled and pulled me towards him.

Sighing, I closed my eyes and pressed my cheek to his chest. It still felt surreal to touch him and call him mine.

"Let's go." He kissed the side of my head as he unwrap his hands.

"Where?" I groaned, not wanting to leave his warm embrace.

"We need to celebrate it." He grinned and opened his car door for me. I thanked him and got inside. He circled the car and sat in the driver's seat.

"Where are we going?" I asked as he ignited the car.

"You'll see." He gave me a lopsided grin.

"You know I don't like being kept in the dark," I grumbled, sinking in my seat.

"You won't be there long." He chuckled.

Finlay and I have gone on a lot of dates. Movies, picnics, elite restaurants, and stay-in dinners. Every time he picks something different, leaving me curious.

I side glanced at him and watched as he drove his car with focus. Finlay told me he used to drive carelessly, but since the accident, he had gotten cautious of it. In the beginning, he was stiff, but now he seemed relaxed.

My eyes wandered from his hair locks falling over his forehead to his eyes, then gliding down his nose and cheeks and ending on his soft lips.

"Don't Amber." He grumbled, and I blinked my eyes innocently at him.

"I didn't even do anything."

"You know what I'm talking about." He eyed me and I bit my lip, trying to hide my grin.

I do.

"I don't. Care to explain?"

"Don't look at me like that. It's distracting."