00

✺ ┅*❋ ❋*┅ ✺

prologue

year 2155

Now it has been weeks since she felt weak and every attempted help from the Tsahik seems useless. It feel like the little baby in the belly of the woman sucks all the life out of her body. She is on the verge of death.

"I am dying, right?" the woman whispers, her voice hoarse, because of the long time she did not dared to even speak, so her baby could survive. Her mate remained silent. For her it is an answer.

His hand is stroking her cheek gently as they look in each others eyes. Her eyes are a dark shade of turquoise, that reminds him of the ocean outside the hut they were in. And his eyes are as blue as the sky above them. The thought of their daughter crossed their mind. What would her eye color going to be?

They both are so different from each other, so they could not imagine how their daughter would later look like. She was from the water clan Metkayina and he was from the forest clan Omaticaya. It was a tragedy that they mated, because that never happened before and the pregnancy was a shock to all of the people of the clan.

"I have one wish left." The woman said, a small smile on her face.

"I'll do anything for you, my love." Her mate answered, a tear running down his cheek. Holding his hand she whispers "Take me on last time to the Spirit Tree, please." He nodded, now crying silently while a tear slipped down her cheek.

He picked her up and made his way to the ocean. The people from the clan saw his movement and started following him. They knew what she wanted. A last connection with Eywa, alive.

They swam down to the Spirit Tree on an ilu and the people gathered around the tree. The man held his pregnant mate in his arms when he connected her queue to the tree. Then she closed her eyes.

The woman checked her surroundings. She was on a small island near the place her clan lived. She felt the wind caress her skin lightly and when she looked through the trees to the sky, she saw that the eclipse is soon going to start.

She felt the cold sand underneath her toes, now that the sun isn't shining as strong as it usually does. She heard the waves crashing on the stones at the beach and she smelled the salty air mixed with the green trees around her.

She makes her way to a path that leads her to the nearest beach. In the distance she sees a little girl sitting in the sand on the edge of the sea playing with seashells. Who is she? she thought. She only sees the back of the little girl but what catches her eyes is the color of the girl's skin.

It was not like her own. It was a mix of light blue and turquoise, but the stripes on her skin were a dark blue.

The little girl heard the footsteps of the woman behind her and turns around. "Mother!" she exclaimed excited running to the woman.

Mother? she thought.

It is her child.

She exhaled a breath she didn't know she held the entire time she approached the girl.

The little girl snuck her arms around the legs of her mother hugging her.

"Ma Baby." She breathed and kneeled down to hug her daughter properly. Tears streamed down her cheeks as she hugged her daughter. Then she looked into her eyes.

They were a deep shade of green just like her fathers and her face was similar to her own.

"Why are you crying, mother?" the girl asked gently as she puts her hand on her mother cheek and swiped the hot thick tears away. The mother noticed the five fingers on the hand of her daughter.

"I'm just happy to see you, ma baby." She answered quietly and puts her hand on her cheek above the hand of her daughter. "You are so beautiful my daughter."

"I can't breath, Mommy." the little girl said out of breath. She felt the hand of her daughter falling down and her body falling limb.

"No, No, No, No, No." the woman said crying.

"She is a very special child. She will do great things."

A voice said far away. The woman didn't know where this voice came from. Maybe it was in her head or her heart. But deep down she knows it only could be Eywa's voice.

"I'm dying. How can I save her?" she asked desperately. The little girl is laying silently in her mothers arms.

"Please! What should I do?" she screamed, now crying heavily and pressing the girls body against hers.

"Help me, please." she sighed. Tears were streaming down her face and on to the body of the little girl. "It's okay Mommy." the little girl whispers.

"Please, Eywa."

The sudden burst of energy through her veins made her shiver heavily in the arm of her mate and her queue disconnects from the tree. The people of the clan were looking worried to the couple in the middle. They all swam to the surface and to a small island nearby.

"What is wrong?" her mate asked her and the Tsahik besides him, but she was also clueless. The woman body now limp again in his arms.

"I saw her, my love." she then whispers and looking into his green eyes. "She had your eyes."

His eyes widened in shock. "She is beautiful." she continued and tears were streaming down their faces.

The woman groaned in pain when a she felt a sting in her stomach and held her belly.

"The Baby. Its' coming." The Tsahik exclaimed.

They started the ritual for the birth of the child and the whole clan is around them waiting patiently for the arrival of the new member of the Metkayina clan.

The woman had a strong hold of her mate's hand as she was going through the birth. The power that Eywa had given her, helped her to birth a healthy baby girl.

Leyra.

As soon as the baby was born, the mother had died.

✺ ┅*❋ ❋*┅ ✺