21

✺ ┅*❋ ❋*┅ ✺

reunion

It has been a few days since Leyra and Aonung left the village to help the other reef clans, whose village was destroyed by the sky people and everybody of the Metkayina slowly got anxious as they waited for the group to come back. Tonowari and Ronal's worry for their son and Leyra rose the more time passed and there was no sign of communication from their side.

Rotxo and Tsireya were both scared that their friends won't return, so they distracted themselves with every job they could do in the village and tried to cheer each other up, which sadly often didn't work. Kiri was a lot of mental help for the both ocean Na'vi as she reassured them that Leyra and Aonung were fine. She just could feel Leyra through Eywa and that she was already on her way home.

Lo'ak missed Leyra so much and spend the whole time with Payakan to distract himself from the horrible thoughts that wandered through his mind about why Leyra took so long to come back. Although he always ended up talking about her with Payakan and that really helped him, because then he felt like she was still with him, waiting in the village for him to return, but he always went to sleep disappointed when he noticed she wasn't back yet.

Neteyam distanced himself from everyone. He wouldn't let anybody talk to him about Leyra as he just wanted to forget that she might not come back. He distracted himself with other girls from the Metkayina clan. He didn't wanted to get his heart broken if the news came that Leyra was gone. He knew it was selfish of him to want to forget her and wrong from him to use those girls to distract himself but he needed a distraction from his thoughts and feelings.

The sun was high in the sky when the horn was blown and almost every member of the clan made their way to the main beach, where warriors on their skimwing finally came back.

Aonung in the middle as he was the leader of this group. They looked worn out with no energy left. It was a hard journey and full of work to build up the villages again. Their families gathered on the beach to greet them when the warriors arrived at the beach.

Tsireya immediately ran to her brother when he put a foot on the sand and hugged him tightly while their parents approached them. He almost collapsed in her arms as he was exhausted from the way back to Awa'atlu. "You're finally back!" Tsireya cried.

"My son! I'm glad you're okay!" Ronal exclaimed and pulled her son into a hug while Tonowari put his arms around his family to hug them all at the same time. Tonowari noticed the missing female warrior and he already felt bad that he let his best warriors go and put them in danger. He looked at his son with a questioning gaze and according to Aonung's look, he knew something bad must have happened.

Lo'ak found himself quite lost in the crowd on the beach as his eyes were looking around the people for a specific girl and he hoped to meet her eyes, but it seems she wasn't here. His heart dropped when he spotted Aonung with his family without her. He quickly approached them and his parents with his sisters trailed behind him, they noticed the lack of her too.

He grabbed Aonung 's shoulder roughly and turned him to himself while looking at him. "Where is she?" He asked over his loud and fast heartbeat. He almost couldn't hear his own voice because of the pounding of his heart. Aonung's expression has a hint of sadness as he looked at the boy in front of him.

"No..." Lo'ak whispers. "Where is she?" He asked again with a louder voice and he felt the tears swelling in his eyes when his mother put a hand on his shoulders to calm him down. Aonung's opened his mouth to speak put got interrupted by Lo'ak who shoved him back by his chest.

"You let her die, did you!" Lo'ak shouted and let his anger out at Aonung, who just let him continue. He knew that Lo'ak must let his anger out in this moment before he would break the news. "Where is she, Aonung?!"