Dark Shadow

"Good night ma'am.. "

Mid-age security in charge tried his best smile possible at 12.30 am for his recent favorite resident, who never failed to impress him with her kind and charming smile at any hour of the day.

But tonight something was off, he noticed two strange things in her behavior.
  she walked straight to the elevator, not to the stairs which she used to get to the third floor where ACP sir's luxury apartment was, and most importantly that too without greeting him back flashing her gorgeous smile.

Haseena stood there inside the elevator compartment at the end of her zombie-like walk, with a bowed head and hanged shoulders, she feed the elevator console with her finger and lean back to the glass surface as she feels worn out.

  There is in no time actually, the elevator halted at the third floor in seconds she made a wish that those slide doors may never get opened for her.

Haseena wants to sigh throwing her agony out from her heart, but the familiar tune of the elevator's system ceased it in mid as she has begun to get panicked in every other little thing in her life.
  Even That melodious tune made her anxious.

How things have changed from a fearless cop to a helpless, vulnerable coward personality, Haseena wasn't aware of.

The Sensor motion lights lit up when she strolled toward the main door with two nameplates shining on it, one for an ACP and the other of was for an SHO.

  Even in between the traumatized condition, Haseena took a quick inquiry about her looks, adjusting herself to be presentable.

  She knew there will be no one waiting to check on her, but still, the hideous core of her mysterious truth made her continue to be nervous.

The apartment was a duplex where the owners were born from wealthy clans.

Haseena's belief of sneaking inside silently vanished at the second stair step.

" my child, I thought you got slept earlier!"

Haseena didn't turn at once, she took a deep breath and wear her best one of the smile before descending two stairs.

   " I had a last-minute call, so thought not to bother you in the middle of the night, Mrs.Kapoor"
   Haseena pay a concerned watch at the old lady in her silk night robe and her gold-plated big-frame glasses.

  "Why are you up at this hour, Mrs.Kapoor?
Everything is fine, isn't it? "

  Haseena has already forgotten all the traumas.

Here the older one has to stretch her crocked body structure a bit to see the pretty face of her grandchild's fiancee and she smiled.

  "didn't that idiot inform you?"

And she winced mildly supporting both hands at her back to stretch it.

Unknowingly Haseena hissed seeing Mrs.Kapoor in pain, and she forwarded her hand out of concern but her move halted in the air when her conscious mind reread the statement made by the other one.

  " What did you say right now, Mrs.Kapoor?"
Haseena proclaimed,

" Did he....???? "
her voice shrinked at the end of it.

Without letting Her complete, the older lady held Haseena's left hand in her shivering one.

  Haseena was startled by the gesture and she misunderstood that Mrs.Kapoor had lost her balance.
  And it was way too late when she realized what made Mrs.Kapoor hold her hand.

" what's all this..! Wh.....haat happen?... How you got all these scratches, oh......my child?"
Mrs.Kapoor almost inspected Haseena head to toe In seconds.