7: Prep and Action

Start from the beginning

$&*•

I pull out the box I enchanted to conceal dark magic and stand next to Remus placing my hand on his shoulder to grab his attention. He shakes his head and I unlock the box and levitate the ring out and into its new box slamming my box closed and the dark magic that was holding me down, was now lifted.

I shove the box into my bag as we both leave and go down the path and take deep breaths. "I can't believe we did it." I say with my hands on my knees. I stand and take a look at his contemplating face. "what it said to you Remus, I hope you know it isn't true. We all love you it wouldn't be the same if you weren't here with us" Remus was pale and didn't say anything as he stared off into the distance looking a bit lost. I pull him into a crushing hug and he jumps in surprise before slowly wrapping his arms around me. "Thank you Y/N. I shouldn't have thought otherwise." I hold him in my arms and hum to help him calm down.

"Sirius is lucky to have you." I frown and pull away. "What are you talking about? You all have me." He shakes his head. "Not like that. He's taken a liking to you ever since you have arrived, and the way you want to help us all, I'm surprised he isn't following you around like a lost puppy." I cross my arms and turn to hide my blush, walking back to the village. "I don't know why you're telling me this, I have too much to do right now other than think about Sirius and his perfect hair." He sighs and catches up to me. "Alright I won't talk about it anymore. We still have half the day, how about we give the others a call and we can go get the one at Hogwarts? I'll leave you at the Three Broomsticks while I get permission from Dumbledore to give you a tour of the school."

"Fine. Only because I'll finally see Hogwarts." Remus pulls out his phone and texts the others.

Fantastic Five

Team Jacob 🐺: we have been successful in the pickup. Let's meet at the three broomsticks so we can all give Y/N a Hogwarts tour 😉

Deer 🦌: YES! HERE WE COME LOST DIADEM!

Lily 🌸: James he obviously wasn't trying to announce it 🤦🏼‍♀️

Mutt 🐾: yeah prongs why would you announce that we're finally going to find ravenclaw's lost artifact?

Me: 😑

"Can we go to Kings Cross and ride the Hogwarts express?"

"Of course, grab on, we have to make two jumps." I hold on tight and before I know it we're walking through platform 9 ¾ and boarding the train. Durning the train ride I shrink down my bag and shove it into my back pocket. Remus is prepared as ever and pulls out a book to read since the ride would take a bit. I take in the view looking out the window when I hear my picture being taken. I turn to Remus as the message sent tone goes off and he tries to hide who he sent it to. I try to wrestle it out of his hand, but I forget how strong this man is. I get tired and give up as he receives a reply, I stick my tongue out at him and he does the same back.

When we finally got to the station I grabbed Remus' hand and dragged him out. "Slow down Y/N, it'll still be there no matter how much you rush." Just as I slow down, Remus takes off in full sprint laughing to the Three Broomsticks. "You cheater!" I rushed after him laughing as well but I just couldn't keep up. By the time I'm in the restaurant and plopped down into my seat, I'm wheezing trying to catch my breath. Remus sets down a butterbeer in front of me as he finishes his own cup. "You rest a bit, I'm going to talk to Dumbledore." I give him a thumbs up and he walks off.

I'm half finished with my pint when the others join and take a seat with me at the table. Sirius and James were still wearing their training robes and Lily had on a beautiful floral knee length dress. "Hey guys, Remus left a while ago to talk to Dumbledore. He should be back soon." They nod and Sirius goes to the counter to get them a round. "I think Moody can see us completely naked under our robes. He says we can't hide anything from him and points to one of the recruits and tells them to throw away the muffin they stashed during lunch. How did he know?" James asks. "Moody is probably just hyper observant. If he's in the room he knows what you're doing no matter how sneaky you think you are." Lily replies.

Sirius joins us with drinks and takes a seat next to me, throwing his arm over my shoulders. I don't say anything but the others give me a look. I shake my head and finish off my drink. The others finish their drinks while the boys tell us about their day as Remus returns and sees Sirius' around my shoulder, giving me a big smile. I flip him off by scratching my nose. "Alright Y/N. Ready for the tour?" I jumped up, almost pushing Sirius out his chair. "Yes! Come on guys, let's go."

They give me a big tour of Hogwarts, Lily telling me history and the boys telling me about pranks and fun things they got up to. We go into the library and I pull out my book order list to write down anything I deem interesting. James helps me break into the restricted section so I can write some books from there as well. Hogwarts was just as grand and beautiful in real life as I thought it'd be. Just as we we're finishing the tour a familiar voice was heard.

"Ah three of the Marauders, how's Peter doing? I don't see him with you." We turn and look at the wise man in front of us. I made sure to slam my occlumency walls and I felt a light brush against them. "This must be your new friend you wanted to give a tour of Hogwarts too."

"Yes this is Y/N. We all met a month and a half ago" Remus replies. I nudge his side and give the man a smile.

"Hello Y/N. My name is Albus Dumbledore."

———————————————————————

Word count excluding AN: 1753