𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚

{1116 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒔}

Fifteen hours before the call

Tanner was stressed out. Being in Japan (across the world) after you had an argument with your spouse and didn't make up can put a lot of stress on a person. He was sat in his bed the morning they were going to Super Mario World Japan / Universal Studios Japan when there was a knock on the door. "Come in." He said rubbing his face.

"Hey T. Just checking in." Larry said walking in and sitting in the chair every hotel has in the corner of the room by the window.

"I'm all good." Tanner lied putting on a fake smile.

"T, I know that's not true. What's wrong?"

"Me and Lia got in a argument before I left. I wanted her to come but she got caught up with work and was stressed out. I thought this trip could help her destress but she told me how it would just end up piling up even more when she got back. I left the bakery without saying I love you back to her. I haven't even texted her. She tried to make a conversation but I just ignored it. I feel like a douche. I'm taking a vacation while she's killing herself over all the work she's doing." He explained a few tears falling as he did. Larry moved from the chair to the bed next to Tanner.

"When we get back you'll get to apologize for what happened. It was in good intentions, I just don't think you thought through how a long trip would affect her since she doesn't work for someone anymore. She's a new owner, she's hasn't made it to the point where she can take vacations just yet. Maybe a day or two to like a couple states away, but not basically across the world."

"That's exactly what she said, just a bit more harsh. Which was a bit deserved since I kept pushing after she said she couldn't come."

"Alright, we have to go to Universal so we can make money off this trip." Larry said standing up.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Ten hours before the call

Tanner sat at the dinner table with everyone else, zoned out staring at his phone. "Tanner." Blake gained his attention. "You alright man?"

"Yeah, just hoping for a text right now."

"Oh, did Ophelia say she was going to text you later or something?"

"No. We got into a argument and I haven't talked to her since Sunday. I'm really nervous but I can't bring myself to text her because she's busy and I don't want to bother her. She's already stressed enough." He explained looking up from his phone.

"I get that. When I was with my ex and I would get like writers block for songs or couldn't think of new content she'd try to help but sometimes make it worse. I knew she had good intentions so I was grateful for the ideas. I'm sure Ophelia is grateful that you don't want her to be so stressed and upset. I'm sure she knows it was in good intentions. I do think you should text first, just wait until the time she usually goes home." Blake sympathized. Tanner nodded thanking him before he zoned back into the conversation to group was having.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Five hours before the call

The blue flashing line was taunting him. What was he supposed to say? 'Hey sorry I haven't talked to you in four days. Didn't mean to stress you. We can talk more when I get back in another week. Bye love you.' That wouldn't work. It's too short. He deleted the sixth message he typed in the past thirty minutes. "Alright, what are you thinking about?" Isaac interrupted Tanners train of thought.

"An apology for Ophelia. We got into an argument before I left. I wanted her to come so she'd be less stressed and I made her more stressed."

"Oh. I'm not the best with relationship advice, but I think the best you can do is tell her your original intentions on the offer, that your sorry you stressed her out even more, tell her you'll make it up to her when you get back, and explain how badly you miss her." He listed off.

"That's better than what I have. So I think you're good on relationship advice." Tanner chuckled writing out another draft. He showed it to Isaac who gave him a thumbs up but when he went to hit send, it couldn't. "Seriously."

"What?"

"No service."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Five minutes before the call

Tanner kept checking for service but found none. He decided to go for a walk to try and get at least one bar. Everyone agreed to go with since they could all use some fresh air. Tanner and Nick walked in the back as Tanner kept looking at the four lines in the top corner. "Nicole called, she told me what happened." Nick said looking over at Tanner.

"I figured, you two are attached at the hip." He said brushing off the main concern.

"T, she said Ophelia feels terrible for shouting at you. That she feels like she scared you off because you haven't texted her back in four days. She called herself stupid and blamed herself for the whole thing. She said that her mom was right about her." Nick didn't understand the last bit, but he was just the messenger. Tanner felt like shit when he heard that last sentence. It felt like someone just kicked him in the gut with a steal boot.

"Oh god. I royally fucked up then." He face palmed.

"What's that mean?"

"A while ago her mom was in the hospital, we went to visit and when Ophelia was alone with her mom, Casey. Casey told her that she ruined her life, called her a disappointment, and so on. It was terrible, I would never hit a woman but I definitely considered it."

"Oh. Yeah you fucked up. Although, they resolved the biggest stress issue for her. Turns out Nicole went to college for business and management so they agreed to become co-owners and Ophelia would do the baking stuff while Nicole did the paperwork. Ophelia agreed to help out with paperwork every so often so Nicole wouldn't drown in it either."

"That's good. Now I just need to make it up to her." It was silent for a minute before Tanner smirked at his friend. "So, you and Nicole?"

"Huh? We-well I-I mean she's v-very pretty you know. I-" Then, Tanners phone had service. They stopped but before he could hit send on the text message he got a phone call.
From Nicole.