Chapter 2

"Mom?" I see her standing there, waiting for me, with her arms wide open in a bright light. "Come here, Моя прекрасная принцесса" (my beautiful princess) I smile and run towards her. Only to be pulled back. I frown and run back to her but I keep getting pulled back.

"Come here" she keeps on repeating. Whenever she does, I kept on being pulled back by something. The more I'm being pulled back, the more it gets darker. "No! I want to go with you!" I shout as I couldn't see her anymore.

I slowly open my eyes but immediately shut them back. "Anna? Anastasia?" I heard someone say my name. I groan and open them once again. I see a pair of brown eyes looking down at me.

Out of instinct, I punched them right in the eyes. "Ow shit" the person said and backed away. I quickly sit up, ignoring the massive pain, and looked around the room.

There was weird machines everywhere. I didn't like it. "Kid?" Someone snapped their fingers in front of me and I took it and twisted it making the person cry out in pain. After I succeeded, I let them go and back away from them.

"кто ты?" (Who are you) I asked him as I look him up and down. He's wearing weird clothes. He has a shirt with some drawings on it and some pants that are made to clean something up.

"I don't know what you just said" he says and I roll my eyes. "где я?" (Where am I) I kept on asking him questions but he didn't seem to know the answers to them, or what I'm saying.

"Um, I'll be right back" he runs out the room. I really didn't want to be here but my stomach still hurts. "Anastasia!?" I jump up and reach for my gun but I couldn't find it. Did he take it? He's going to pay for that.

"Anna? Ты в порядке? Больно? Я дам тебе лекарство" (Are you okay? Does it hurt? I'll get you some medicine) I stop her before she goes crazy. "Я в порядке. Где мы?" (I'm okay. Where are we?) I ask her as I look around some more, looking for a way to escape if I ever need too. I found multiple so we're okay. For now.

She couldn't even answer me since a kid came running in making me back away. "Yelena, you told me you were going to read me a bedtime story" the girl spoke. "Not now Morgan, soon though okay?" The girl pouts but runs away.

"Let me take you to your room and we're at the avengers compound" don't know what that is but she told me that we're safe and to trust these people. Trust won't be easy for me but I told her I would try.

She showed me to a room next to hers. She told me that she will be back with some food. I thank her and look around. She also gave me some pills that I took for the pain. It's not working yet but I will soon. I think that's how they work.

She also gave me my gun back...and all the other little weapons I had. I don't know what time it is but it was dark out. I felt myself getting tired so I laid myself on the softest bed I ever been on. It's like I'm on a cloud.

I immediately fell asleep making sure my hand was on my gun the whole time just in case.

——

I was no longer asleep since I felt someone was looking at me. I still had my eyes closed just in case.

I waited until they moved or something but they didn't. I was getting angry so I got up, ignoring the deadly pain, and pointed my gun at them only to find them pointing one right back at me.