Good Night

I stand outside, in the cold, watching my uncle fly his new self into the night sky, the stars guiding him. Looking down at the snowflake around my neck, I pick it up solftly, close my eyes and rub it before whispering my lovers name, 'Bernard.' He appears behind me, his hands wrapping around my waist, I feel his touch on my, his breath on my neck. 'Ready to go?' He asks with his head on my shoulder. 'One minute.' I whisper, looking into the sky. I feel Bernard's hands travel down my arm in comfort. 'Everything alright?'

'Yeah. It's just a big change.' I tell him turning my head to his. 'I understand.' He whispers to me, looking from my eyes to my lips. He leans in, my stomach tightens as usual, I feel his lips on mine. Quickly pulling away, I turn to him fully, placing my finger on his lips. 'Charlie can come out at any moment.' I tell Bernard. He looks at me, biting his lip. 'Come on.' He opens his hand for mine.

Intertwining our hands, we disappear back to the North Pole. I see the elves and the woodwork come to my vision. Finally being back took a tole on me. This was it. This is my life now. 'Snowbell?' Bernard says, snaping me out of my thoughts. 'Yeah.' I say looking at him. 'We need to get things ready.' He smiles pulling me to his office. 'Ready? For what?' I laugh as he drags me past the happy elves who were drinking away at their cider.

We reach his office, I let go of his hand and sit in the chair, allowing him to it in his big boss chair. He sit down and smiles at me, 'We've approximatly got 4 hours until Santa is back from his round. Meaning we have 4 hours to get ready for the celebration.' He explains with a grim look on his face. I look at his with a raised eyebrow, 'I thought you didn't like celebrations and parties.' I look at him as he looks up from the book in front of him. 'I don't hate them, I just don't enjoy them.' He explains writing a few notes into the book in front of him.

'You just haven't had fun.' I tell him. Bernard looks up from his task and smiles, biting his lip softly. 'I've had fun with you.' He smiles making me blush. 'So, what do you ususally do as a celebration?' I ask standing up before walking over to the head elf. 'This and that.' He says as I look over his shoulder at the paper work in front if him. 'The bakers make a cake, we have cinder, go home then come back and start toy prep tomorrow.' He explain. I nudge him wondering if thats true. 'You know Scott would never allow that.' I tell him as he continues to fill out paperwork.

'Well, I should be off.' I say about to leave from behind him. This makes him quickly look up, turning his attention to me. 'Why?' He asks. 'I need my beauty sleep.' He raises an eyebrow. 'What about the celebration?' He asks me pushing himself from his desk. 'Well, I've had something to eat, and I've had a cider so that just leaves me with the go home option.' I say making my way to the door. Bernard gets up and walks over to me before grabbing my hand, spinning me around to face him. With our faces now inches from one another, I feel his minty breath hit my face, giving me shivers. He pulls me in for a quick peck on the lips.

'Night, B.' I say pulling away from him. 'Night, Snowbell.' I smile before making my way out the door, closing it too behind me. Taking a deep breath I make my way through the workshop, towards my room. I watch as the elves are having fun, chatting to one another. Walking over to the other side I run into Judy. 'Hello, Ma'am.' She says smiling up at me, 'Is there anything you require?' She asks me. 'Oh, no thank you, Judy.' I tell her, she responds with a nod. 'And please, call me Noel.' She smiles before continuing her walk.

I make my way down the hallway, passing the gorgeously decorated pillars. When I get to my door I open it and make my way through to the bathroom. I lean over the sink and look up at the mirror, decorated with golden candy canes. Staring at myself for a moment, I pull of my beret, taking in my new look once again. How did I end up here?

Feeling the exhaustion take over my body, I turn on the sink and cup my hands into a bowl. Pulling up the water to my face, feel the cold water refresh me. Looking up at the mirror again, I watch the small water droplets race down my face. Think back over the day, I smile at my new self and my new life.

After finishing washing myself up, I get changed into my green and white pj, my signature on the pocket. As I climb onto my nice warm bed, I feel the heat as I wrap myself up in the fluffy sheets. Instantly falling asleep, I dream of my new life.

How perfect it will be. How perfect my family is. How perfect my boyfriend is.

🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄

I am quickly awoken from my slumber at the sound of knocking on my door. Rolling out of the sheets and pulling on my robe, I walk over to the door. Waiting patiently stand Bernard looking rather happy. 'Hey, B.' I yawn as the door opens fully.

'Hiya, Snowbell.' He smiles before noticing the tiredness on my face. 'Oh sorry, did I wake you?' He asks. 'Yeah.' I say rubbing my eye.

'I'm sorry.' Bernard apologises. I smile up at him, 'don't worry about it.'

'What did you need?' I ask, wondering why I opened the door. 'Oh, right, yeah. Santas back.' He smiles as he points down the hallway.

'Brilliant.' I say looking down the hall at Scott's giant door. Thank good he's back safe after the night he's had. I look back at Bernard and smile. 'I'll go see him.' I says stepping out of my room, shutting the door behind me. I feel Bernard's eyes search my robe covered body. 'Take a picture, a lasts longer.' I tell him before turning around. Bernard shakes his head as he starts to walk down towards Scott's room.

I follow him, admiring his funny walk as I go. Before reaching the door the head elf stops and looks down at me. I stop in by place and look at him. 'Does he know?' He asks. I look at him slightly confused. 'Does he know about us?' He asks again, pointing his finger to him then me.

'Oh, um.' I realise. I don't tell Scott much, expecially stuff about boys. He doesn't even know I like Bernard. How would I break it to him? 'Maybe don't say anything for a while.' I say placing my hand on his shoulder. I see him smile softly before he knocks on the giant wooden door, it's stain glass glowing. 'I won't mention anything, Snowbell.'

I smile before the door opens, revealing a tired Scott. 'Ah, Noel.' He smiles pulling me into a hug. I try wriggle out from his arms but fail. He'd always do this when I was little. 'Ugh, Scott.' I say feeling him crush my chest. 'Oh, sorry.' He appologises letting me go 'Forgot how big you got.'

'Thanks.' I say rubbing my chest from where he squeezed me. 'You ok?' Bernard asks, grabbing onto my arm in comfort. 'Yeah, I'm used to it.' I smile pulling his arm down. I give him a side eye trying to tell him to stop comforting me in that way, or else Scott might figure something out.

'How was your first round?' I chime, looking back up at Scott. 'Really good. I had to go back to see Charlie cause he already missed me.' He smiles all giddy. 'Well that's good.' I say. 'How was it here?' He asks looking at the pair of us. 'What did you two get up to?'

'Oh you know this that.' I nervously smile looking between Bernard and Scott. 'Good. At least you were snogging in the office.' Scott jokes making my stomach drop. I look at the head elf with fear. 'Oh, haha, funny one.' Bernard fake laughs before turning back to his serious self. We all stand a smile in an awkward silence, not knowing where to look, I look around in hopes to find something to say.

'Well,' I say, clapping my hands together, breaking the silence. 'I'm going back to bed.' Clicking my fingers I turn around and walk back to my room. 'Good night, Noel' Scott shouts down at me. I turn back round giving the two a wave of my hand. I look at Bernard and smile. He replies with a wink, making me giggle and blush.

Getting back into my room and my bed, I smile as I fall asleep.

What a day it's been. What a life its going to be.