16

Eyes on the banner, the wind blew hard as Hyunsoo's heartbeat. She curled her hand into a fist and brought it in front of her chest.

Yesterday she already did her best. Having Asahi as her partner is surprisingly good. There were 10 questions to be settled in 2 hours and she was stuck on four of them.

Asahi help her go through the hard question easily. Just then, she realized, she was nothing to be compared with Asahi and will never get to beat him in taking her first place back.

" Nervous? " A voice retorted, snapping the braided hair girl back to reality. She twisted her head to the voice and pursed her lips into a straight line before she nods " Very "

Asahi gave no response as he was the one staring at the banner now.

International math competition 2020

Today is the closing ceremony for the math competition

Asahi looked down at his hand when he felt an electricity sensation on the back of his hand. He then glanced at the girl beside him and looked back at his hand.

He moved his finger to touch the girl's hand, Until it left an inch in between, he stopped, bringing it back to its place " It's okay. You did well already " He faced the front.

" Let's go inside " Hyunsoo squealed, grabbing the cold hand in her palm. " You are nervous too, Sa "

Asahi averted his gaze and cleared his throat. He then pushed away her words and pulled her with him to the hall.

As he stepped into the entrance, he gulped. Too many people.

What he remembered yesterday is the people were way less than this. He was sure this hall are big. 1000 meters wide and it fulled of human beings.

Without him knowing, he stepped backward. Hyunsoo who saw it, rebuked him " ya, you alright? "
With beads of sweat running down, Asahi nodded " I-I just need t-to go to the to-toilet " He stuttered, letting go of Hyunsoo's hand and left right after.

Worried rushed in her. that is not the sign of someone nervous. She thought. Or not?

" Hyunsoo? you are not going inside? "

Hyunsoo bowed slightly when she saw the teacher " I am about to go inside, should we sit together? "

The teacher smiled, showing his dimple, and nodded " Sure " He looked around and met his student's eyes back when the person he was searching for, is not appearing " Where is Asahi? "

" He goes to the toilet "

" Then, let us go inside first and save a seat for him "

Hyunsoo just obeyed and followed the teacher's steps as he led the way. The hall was bathed with people. It made her wonder how sardines could exist.

They ambled their way to the empty seat.

one

two

three seats.

Sir Eunwoo took the seat at the end of the row as Hyunsoo sat beside him, waiting anxiously for her partner.

She stretched out her neck to find the figure she wanted to see but it was all disappointment that she got.

" Hyunsoo? " A voice called

Her head jolted to the voice and grinned " Asahi! why are you taking so much time "

" Sorry, my stomach aches "

❀❀❀

Asahi rushed to one of the cubicles and slumped his back to the wall. Finally letting out all of his burdens, He breathed out and in heavily.