01

The eyelids turned up in half, greeting him with another morning. He blinked his eyes to adjust to the light around him before he stayed unmoving on the mat.

He then turned his head to his right and studied the digital clock.

06:13

A sigh escaped his lips

" Why am I still alive? " He whispered to himself

He jerked up and winced, falling back to his back. He groaned as pain thundered through his stomach. He then sat back up slowly before the pain could kill him.

He pulled his shirt up just to see a purplish dark blue shade on his flesh. He caressed the wound with his thumb which cause him to flinch.

" Jjo jjo? " A voice called out, knocking on the door behind him " I'm coming in " The voice spoke again, twisting the doorknob and swinging the door open.

A boy of his age showed up. Forming a smile despite his sleepy eyes and bird nest-like hair. Obviously, he just woke up just now " Good morning, jjo "

" Morning, Jae "

Jaehyuk sat beside him. In his hand, there was an aid kit. A pack of cotton buds, antiseptic, plaster, and bandage.

It was already his routine, to treat his twin's wound in the morning.

" Can I take a bath first? " He asked carefully

Jaehyuk bounced his head " Then, I will come back after I had taken my bath "

" okay "

Jaehyuk placed the things on the floor beside the mat and started to walk away. Before Jaehyuk could grab the doorknob, the door hinges creaked and screeched as the sound hit their ears " Jaehyuk? "

" p-pa? "

" What are you doing here? Did you sleep here last night? " anger steaming behind him like coal smoke when his eyes darted to Jaehyuk's twin who was undressed his top

" You ungrateful jerk " Mr. Yoon stomped his feet, storming to his target

" pa, no, I'm not " panic rushed over him when his dad took a handful of his twin's hair.

His twin moaned in pain as he felt his hair holding on to his scalp before his body was thrown to the side

" Pa, I did not sleep here. I just came to wake jjo jjo up. It's school time, right? " Jaehyuk tried to explain, holding on to his dad from hitting his twin.

A metallic dark taste touched Jjo's tongue. Not forget a warm liquid rolled down his cheeks. His finger went up to his face and touched it slightly.

Red.

" Jjo jjo? How many times should I tell you? Yoon Jokwang doesn't exist. He is Hamada Asahi " He raised his voice, talking through his clenching teeth

" And why would you care about this lazy ass? If he wanted to go to school, then he will wake up by himself " He ended his speech as he pulled Jaehyuk's wrist with him to leave the room.

Asahi groaned, trying to get up. He felt his head throbbing and pounding as it hit the unused wooden drawer. The blood doesn't show like it will stop for now.

Mat, boxes, and unused drawer. Instead of a bedroom, Asahi was forced to sleep in the store. He has no bedroom like his twin, and they never invited him to join them to eat together in the dining room.

A year

It has been a year since he lives like this. His family never accepts him in this family, except Jaehyuk.

Hamada Asahi is a name that was given by his grandmother. The one and only family that would exchange her life for him.

Today was supposed to be a good day since it was the first day of school as a senior. Glancing at the clock, Asahi began to freak out. He only has less than 15 minutes to get ready.

His head was surely going to burst but thinking about how he could be late for school, he just shrugged it off.

Stumbling on his feet, Asahi grabbed a stiff, yellowish towel with a blood stain from the back of the door and he hooked it on his shoulder.

He stepped carefully, not wanting the dizziness to control his consciousness. He leaned closer to the wall so he didn't fall.

One step

Two steps

And his vision got blurry. Why did they keep me when they can't accept me? A tear dropped but he wiped it off quickly with his knuckles.

Suddenly he heard a snort. An annoying snort came from a smelly mouth " It is just 6 in the morning and you are already all red? " He lifted up a corner of his lips, forming a smirk.

With his arms folded across his chest, he walked closer, approaching his younger brother. He bent down to reach Asahi's height which was shorter than him

" I'm pretty sure this house gonna be in peace if you leave "

❀❀❀

" Hyunsoo, wake up. It's already 7! "

A voice woke her up. Her eyelids were still sealed tightly, squeezing her eyeballs inside. Hyunsoo curved her elbow to bring up her hand to her face, sweeping all of the hair off her face.

" Hyunsoo, hurry up. You might be late for your first day of school "

She finally opened her eyes. 

Yeah, I forget. She thought.

" I'm going to work, sweetie. Don't go back to sleep " The voice spoke as she heard it step away from her door.

Hearing the engine roaring outside of her house, she called out for her maid. She knew her parents were busy but can't they send her to school? At least for the first day? 

The maid stirred to her room as she heard her lady calling out for her. Knocking on the high door in front of her, she quickly twisted the doorknob after she was given permission to enter " Yes, miss? "

" Who is going to send me off? " She asked politely, still on her bed, rubbing the sleepiness out of her dark brown eyes

" Your brother " 

Hearing the answer, a heavy sigh escaped her lips " Tell him I'm going by myself " Hyunsoo urged, finally getting down from her bed and start tidying it up.

" Actually, miss- "

" He won't let me, won't he? " Hyunsoo cut her off, her hands still busy tucking her blanket under the bed. 

" Yes " 

" It's okay. Anyways, if you didn't make any breakfast yet, I think you shouldn't. I will eat with Aeri at the cafe later " She whirled around after she placed the blanket neatly to talk to her properly.

" Alright, miss. Your school uniform is ready, Should I bring it in? "

" No, I will take it by myself. Thank you " Hyunsoo shot her a sweet smile, thanking her for her hard work. 

" Okay, miss. I will excuse myself " Earning a nod from her lady, she walked out of the room to continue her work.

Hyunsoo's parents is a business figure. The famous one. So they were rarely at home and even hired a maid to take care of their children in this huge house. At this point, Hyunsoo didn't know who is actually her parents.

Is it that billionaire who was thinking money can buy happiness? 

Or the maid who was making sure all of her needs are occupied?

Hyunsoo shook her head. Well, this is not my first year living like this, I am 19 already.