My Horrible Past

I didn’t know that my life would turn upside down on my birthday. The worst of all is the brother that I hated, cared about him. He was my twin brother.

It all started when I was six that I started hating him. Father gave him the attention, while I was treated as a failure in life. Asking why I was even born and why do I have my brother’s looks and his voice. The only difference was that my long black hair even though it’s the same color as my brother’s. Only we in our family have dark purple eyes.

 My mother died when I was born and then on the day she died my father married another woman. I don't like saying she's my step- mother, I call her Margaret like she was a stranger. Which she is. She even gave birth to my brother's fiancé. Though this sickens me. For Margaret used my name. My father didn't care about it and let it go, giving me a different name at age 5, Lexy.

 My brother had this talented butler with him all the time. He told me not to order him around since he can only do it. My brother didn’t tell me his butler’s name. The butler had this black smooth medium hair and the most deep dark red eyes I've ever seen. He gave me the chills.

 My brother did all the fun stuff that any boy can dream of. While I stay at the sidelines of having bruises from my father, I hated how everyone sees him and none to me. I hated how he didn’t know my suffering. My father forced me to marry this man the month of after my birthday. No one knew it would all be burned down by the blood of the Balakov.

 It all started on February 14, 1837. Valentine’s Day, the day I turn 15. I was walking around with my fiancé, Vincent Alluvole. He's two feet taller than me, short blonde hair, blue eyes, and is 6 years older than I am. My father chose him, because he was the next earl in the Alluvole Wine Company. Every girl would fall in love at first sight. Me, I didn't fall for a guy from all that torture that I started to hate men.

 "Lexy, did you make chocolate for me yet?" Vincent asked as we passed by more stores of heart shaped chocolates.

 I shook my head. "My hands hurt from all that knitting that I did at home."

I lied. I hated how I have to make some things on my birthday. I hate my birthday and I hate this stupid holiday.

 Vincent just smiled. "It's alright; I'll get some from some girls. You don't mind do you?"

 I nodded my head and said my goodbyes to Vincent.

 As I arrive to the Balakov mansion, I see my brother ridding on a horse. I stand there with a smile on my face. Why do I smile for him when I hate him? I did not know.

He turned the horse around and saw me. He made this eye closing smile at me and waved with joy. I waved back with a smile.

Today might change after all, that is what I thought it would. My brother jumped off his horse to give me a hug. "Happy birthday, Elizabeth!"

 I was shocked when he said my name. "I thought you called me Lexy."

 "That's when my fiancé is here." He said and shows me to the table out in the back of the mansion. We both sat down and talked for the first time. My brother said that he would teach me how to fence and play the piano later on.

 Then the butler came out with a small piece of cake.

 My brother smiles at him. "Sebastian, introduce your self to my sister Elizabeth."

 "Yes, master." Sebastian said and then bows in front of me formally. "I'm Sebastian Valentine, it's nice to finally meet my master's sister at last."

 I nodded my head and Sebastian left me and my brother alone. My brother takes out a white box with a red ribbon on top. "I do hope you like it."

 I open the box and inside was the Balakov family ring. "Why thank you, dear brother. But I don’t think you should give this to me. Father will get mad.”

 “You get to wear it for today. You’ll feel the feeling of relax.” He said with a smile.

 I put it on and smile at the gold holder of a round ruby. We then both heard a yell inside the mansion and we both ran in. I couldn’t believe my eyes. I saw blood on the red carpet and it was deep red. My vision turned black, because my brother covered my eyes. I couldn’t see anything, until I heard a door opening.

 “Stay here.” My brother said and closed the closets doors.

 I still remembered the feeling inside that closet. I left the closet when I heard gun shots. Right when I left the closet, flames of fire filled the room. I then saw my brother dieing on the floor.

 “Elizabeth…” he whispered.

 I kneeled next to him. He holds my hand with the ring on it and moves it onto the left thumb. “Take the family name with you.”

 “I will.” I said and before I knew it, it was his last words.

 I felt someone touch my shoulders and it was Sebastian. “We need to leave.”

 He lifts me up and carried me in his arms. I then found my father dead on the stairs. No last words spoke out.

 When we left outside of the Balakov mansion. I could see the mansion in red flames roar up to the blue sky. Turning it into black.

 Sebastian turned to me with no expression. “What would you do now?”

 My heart turned cold, making my eyes have no emotions. I sigh. “I will become Cain Balakov.”

 I turn to him. “Will you serve me, Sebastian Valentine.”

 He bows and smiles a little. “Yes, my master.”

 “From this day I am your master.” I then turn to the Balakov mansion. “From this day Elizabeth Balakov and her father died.”

 “My lord, the previous Cain was a boy.” Sebastian said.

 “I know, for that I must change myself to that Cain, but reborn as a different personality than the last.” I said. “For that you will change my looks to look like Cain.”

 Sebastian smiles more. “Yes, my lord.”