Twenty

"I"M FREE!!!" Nora and Ruxie shouted at the top of their lungs as the three friends ran out of school. It was finally the day they got to be free from their studies, at least for a little bit.

"Only for two weeks," Ryan reminded them as he chuckled to himself.

"Since when were you such a party pooper?" Nora grumbled, staring at him pointedly. "We still don't have any exams until March at least, which means, I get to hang out with Drew!"

The blond boy rolled his eyes and glanced sideways, meeting Ruxie's gaze for a split second before both of them chuckled to themselves. Ryan shook his head. He wanted to be happy for Nora, which weirdly enough, he was coming to terms with. But hearing how much time she wanted to spend with Drew when she and her boyfriend had in fact been spending every other day together was quite perplexing. So much so that he couldn't help but laugh.

"Y'all are attached to the hip than a pair of Siamese twins," Ruxie pointed out.

"I know," Nora sighed dreamily. "I just love him so much, y'know?"

"Love?" Ryan cocked his head, brows raised at the word. "You love him?"

Nora nodded instantly with a wide smile. "Of course," she stated. "I wouldn't be with him if I didn't."

For a moment that shocked Ryan. He always knew how much Nora adored Drew, and of course, he himself was in love with Drew as well. But he never thought that Nora was actually in love with the senior.

But he quickly got over his shock when he realized that loving Drew may not be such a difficult thing after all. And considering the fact that he and Nora were so similar in character, it was not surprising that she also fell head over heels for his charms.

"So, do you have any plans with him today... or?" Ryan dared to ask, unsure of the reason behind it. Nora's eyes widened at his question, seeming surprised by it as well. Since she and Drew got together, Ryan had gone out of his way to avoid being near the two, and every time Nora brought him up, it was quite obvious that her best friend did not want to hear about her love life.

Nora thought Ryan was a little jealous, but only because he had never had someone to call his own, and frankly, she did feel slightly bad for always talking about how sweet her boyfriend was to her.

"Do you actually wanna know or are you just asking?"

Ryan scoffed and rolled his eyes. "I wanna know, 'cause we planned to dye Ruxie's hair, remember?"

"Oh, right," Nora's eyes widened as realization dawned on her. "Yeah... uh, I'm not meeting him for about four hours so we're good. Do y'all wanna go to my house or yours?" She asked, turning to Ruxie.

"Let's just go to yours," they answered, sliding their hands into both Nora and Ryan's hand as they stood in between them. As the three friends walked toward Nora's car, a voice called out to Ruxie.

"Ru! Wait up!"

The three of them stopped and turned in the direction of the voice to see a tall handsome guy with dark hair jogging towards them. He had a pastel pink backpack hanging off his shoulder and wore a blue fitted t-shirt, black jeans and a pair of vans.

"Shit, that's Alex," Ruxie mumbled to their friends as the boy neared them.

"Alex? Since when did he get so tall?" Ryan blurted out, only to get pinched by Ruxie for being so loud. He winced, but straightened out when Alex stopped in front of them.

"Hey," the tall dark skinned boy greeted, smiling warmly at the three friends. "What's up?"

"Cool... cool, we're good," Ruxie answered before either Ryan or Nora could speak. "How about y'all wait in the car while I talk to him?" They asked and pushed their friends toward Nora's car without letting either of them answer.