As soon as I finish fixing my weapons hidden within my dress, I feel a small buzz coming from my burner phone. Unlocking it, I see a text message pop up:

...

Mission alert: Take down Harry Styles, SIDD needs to be compromised ASAP, ears are everywhere..

...
I flip the screen down, ruffling again through the roots of my hair which is what I always do when I get the sense of pressure and time running out.

You can understand why a nineteen year old girl like me is recruited for espionage.

I don't hesitate. Never have and never will.

It's just the one time I start to feel something for someone, they end up being the bad guy.

I mean, every bad guy will always get under your skin, no matter how tough they get.

This one, however, just caught up to me.

...

Harry leads me with his hand in mine, but tightens his grip by the force of his fingers.

I peek up to him as his facial expression turns into a satisfied grin. I'll definitely without a doubt step on his fucking foot with these dagger heels.

The DJ turns the volume up and the song begins to play in its slow and melodic tune.

*

We both make our way to the wooden platform titles stuck together as we join the other prom dates surrounding us. All of them are busy making eyes with their partner as mine is continuing to stare at me like he wants to stab me right in the chest.

Within the blur of it all, my body is flung around to face a figure dressed in rich black, coincidentally matching his heart.

I assume he takes the lead as our eyes meet again; arms raised slightly above to the shoulder.

"Could you stop cutting the blood flow from my fingers?" I snap at him quietly.

He turns his head away from me. "Ah, c'mon. You're the one who always wants me to dance with you, since I hate it, remember?"

All along it was a fever

His cheek rises as soon as his mouth points up.

But I feel his grip soften.

"And I finally see why."

A cold sweat hot headed believer

There's a chuckle that lets loose. But there was always a smile right after.

He's trying so hard to let me win. I'm not letting him turn me soft hearted the way I used to be.

He sways the both of us together.

Our hands still intertwine as we dip each time.

I avoid my focus somewhere else besides his eyes or the face he keeps making. From far away, I can see a couple students sitting at the tables and a few of them giving me certain looks to my partner.

I threw my hands in the air, said
"Show me something"

"I can feel you getting tense. Stop staring." He whispers.

"I'm not tense. Just annoyed at my partner."

"Never said I couldn't dance. Besides, I'm much better at this than going at it in Angel's Hell" He murmurs.