Chapter XXVII ~ Hyde and Seek

Enid returned once again to the hive, though this time she'd brought a friend. Bea smiled at the sight of the odd pair, she never expected to see Enid and Xavier together, especially not at the hive.

"Enid said you'd be here." Xavier shrugged, he awkwardly climbed into the confined space.

"Yeah, this is my new confinement til i'm cleared." Bea muttered, she stood up to be at eye level with the others. "I think whatever Tyler warned me about is going down tonight." Bea continued, she could feel it in the air, she'd already noticed the change when Wednesday had taken her to the hive initially. There was a bad aura emanating from Nevermore, especially from the crypt.

"I still can't believe Tyler Galpin, your ex boyfriend, is the monster." Enid sighed, she never believed the boy could have amounted to so much. "Did you know when you said you two had broken up?" Enid asked, just now coming to the realization. Bea nodded her head and sighed.

"I don't know what to think of him anymore." Bea muttered.

"I guessed that much, do you seriously think he's somehow innocent." Xavier scoffed, he believed the boy to be trouble, even before finding out that he was the monster, this was just the icing on the cake for him, proof of his chilling suspicions of Tyler.

"I don't know, but I can't judge him completely knowing that he's enslaved to Ms. Thornhill." 

"Geez, look at the time, I need to head back. Xavier you should too." Enid said, the girl was currently late for one of her classes, though Xavier didn't mind being a little tardy, these were pressing times, plus it's not every day that you're up close and personal with someone like Bea. She didn't open up much, but when she did it was always interesting.

Xavier hoped to bring the conversation back to Tyler, and did so once Enid left the hive.

"Is that really what happens?" Xavier asked, he was referring to Bea's previous statement. The boy didn't know much on the matter of Hyde's, no one really did. Bea wanted to enlighten people, hopefully spreading the good word and of course awareness as well.

"Yeah, you're helpless against your master. Tyler's been asked to do Thornhills bidding, who knows what else she's asked him to do. Plus, a Hyde is a whole different personality from the person." Bea stated, she was torn on terms of Tyler, there were some things that didn't sit right with her, especially with that confrontation in which he admitted to enjoying the killings.

She couldn't figure out if that were his Hyde speaking or if it was Tyler, that was what made things much more difficult.

"Have you dreamt of anything current recently?" Bea asked, Xavier shrugged his shoulders and looked away from Bea. He was lying, but only for the protection of the girl.

He'd dreamt of the girl fighting with someone, it wasn't very vivid and in fact confused him greatly, though he assumed that it would happen. A lot of his previous dreams had been of things that were real, more like places, such as the monster of the Gates mansion, this time it was a little different. It was a lot more similar to Wednesday's visions, almost like a prediction, the boy just hoped it was a fantasy rather than a truth. Because in his dream Bea was the one who lost.

"No not really, I'm finally at peace." Xavier teased, he was glad to get the girl smiling again. Frowns didn't really suit her, Bea's face always opened up when she smiled, adding a sort of beauty to her appearance that he couldn't quite understand. "I drew this though." The boy said, it was a portrait of Bea behind bars.

"How lovely, but you drew my bad side." Bea chuckled, she admired the boys work for a moment and quickly returned it to him.

"Keep it, as a reminder or something." Xavier stated, he folded his arms and sighed, he too could sense the danger in the air, but for a moment he felt safe. Maybe because he was in the confined and secret space of Eugene's hive, or because a certain girl was by his side.