Chapter XXVI ~ Out of Time

"How long before he turns into that thing?" Ajax asked, a few of the others were gathered around the boy, he was wound tightly in shackles similar to Bea's.

"It doesn't happen naturally, we need to force it out of him." Wednesday said, she had a sort of chilling smile on her face, it was truly sinister and yet somehow there was good intention behind it. She was going to find her Hyde and bring justice to all those who had suffered from Tyler's doing.

"Who is your master Tyler." Wednesday began, the others seemed confused by this, though Xavier was the most dumbfounded of them all. It explained Bea's reluctancy to talk about Tyler's visit at the jail cell, he just wondered why she'd withdrawn information from him. 

"What the hell are you talking about." Tyler said in confusion, Xavier scoffed and moved to the front with Wednesday.

"You realize Bea is literally rotting in jail because of you, I mean she's your girlfriend." Xavier stammered, he paced the room nervously back and forth.

"Yeah well she kind of wants nothing to do with me." Tyler cursed under his breath.

"So you plead to guilt." Wednesday smirked, Tyler rolled his eyes and sunk his head, he looked to the other wide eyed outcasts in the room, hoping to gain some pity from them.

"Wednesday you're insane." Tyler said, he wasn't going to admit anything even if his life was on the line, that was because Thornhill had ordered him not to, there was nothing he could do about that.

"Fine, if you're not going to peep, then I guess we have to do things the hard way." Wednesday scoffed, she placed her backpack down on one of the nearby tables in Xavier's den, she then removed a few of its contents, including a knife and tazer.

"Woah, I didn't sign up for this." Bianca said as she spotted the torture devices, the others muttered words of agreement. "Yeah you're not gonna hurt him, right?" Another added. "Tell me it's just for show."

"Of course it's not, torture brings out a Hyde." Wednesday said cooly, by now some of the other students had begun to leave, even Xavier was contemplating it. 

"Wednesday you can't, Bea would kill you." Xavier said sternly.

"I'm not sure if she even cares for this boy anymore, she knows what he is." Wednesday stated.

"She cared enough to act like nothing happened, you were the one who had to tell me he was the Hyde. She was keeping his identity from me." Xavier said, Tyler looked up at the boy, his words had caught his attention, and it meant good news for him.

"Then she is a fool, Tyler can't be salvaged, he's a murderer. Bea also left out the fact that Tyler had threatened her and claimed to have enjoyed the murders committed." Wednesday began, she then turned to the boy "Jog my memory Tyler, it was a fear so primal you could taste it, am I correct?" 

The boy remained silent, he sensed the weakness in Xavier and focused his attention on him.

"You can't leave me with her." Tyler pleaded, there was true fear in his voice. He knew that Wednesday was mad enough to follow through with her actions, that's why he was so terrified. Who cares if people found out about him, what he was scared of was being tortured into releasing his Hyde again, it was the longest and most painful way to release a Hyde, and he didn't want to even think of the grueling process.

"Wednesday you're crazy, I'm out of here." Xavier said, he left the room and headed back for Nevermore, maybe Weems or some other authority could help save Tyler, even if he was the monster.

Before Wednesday could even lay a finger on the boy the door to Xavier'a den swung wide open and in came the Sheriff and his men. Tyler wore a wide grin on his face as his father brought him to safety. Wednesday had never seen such anger in the man's face as when he looked at her, she was about to torture his son after all, it was only a fathers instinct.