Chapter XV ~ You Haven't A Clue

"Hey Eugene, I brought you honey. Hive number nine is doing much better." Bea said, she placed the jar on the table beside the boys bed. He'd gotten a lot more color in his face and his wounds were beginning to heal.

He wasn't completely back yet but was believed to wake up at some point in the distant future, but that, of course, was just a prediction. Bea sat down and checked her phone, she still had some time before she needed to head for the Weathervane.

"I promise I will get to the bottom of this, Wednesday will probably beat me to it, but no matter. We will get vengeance, I promise." Bea said, she took the boys hand and sighed, it was warm to the touch, which was another good sign.

Eugene's moms entered and greeted Bea, the two had been introduced previously, she let the parents have a moment with the boy.

Bea exited the room and headed down the long staircase to the ground floor of the hospital, it was surprisingly empty, though that had to be a good thing, it meant there wasn't any people waiting for news or information in regards to someone in the hospital. 

Bea placed her hands in her pockets and walked through the automatic double doors, a strong gust of wind greeted her the moment she stepped outside of the building. The Weathervane was a few blocks away, it was a nice walk through town to get there.

The sun had just begun to set, and an array of colors danced in the sky. Bea had grown to love the small town, even with all of its outcast hating residents. Maybe part of her love for the place was rooted in the fact that Tyler lived there, he went to school there, and worked there.

Sometimes Bea pictured herself going to normie school with Tyler, she wondered what it would be like to go to Jericho High. Tyler had warned the girl of the strange school traditions and low morale of the school, their ASB was a failure, and their staff was far from passionate about teaching, or anything really. Then Bea wondered what it would be like if Tyler went to Nevermore, he'd stick out like a sore thumb for sure, or maybe he'd fit right in, she wasn't too sure.

By now the girl had reached the Weathervane, the neon sign out front began to flicker on, and the last few inhabitants were slowly finishing up their drinks. Bea spotted Tyler cleaning off a few tables, his apron was a floury mess and it had managed to get all in his hair.

The girl pushed through the door, the bell signaling her entrance. Tyler looked up and smiled, he'd seen her out of his peripheral vision and was simply awaiting for her entrance. Bea walked to where Tyler stood and stretched out a hand.

"Can I help?" The girl asked, she disproved of the boys cleaning skills, but she also wanted to be of some use to him.

"Are my table cleaning skills not to your standards." The boy protested.

"No, they're not." Bea teased, she took the towel and began scrubbing down on a stain that wasn't coming off easily. 

"Geez, well I'll be wrapping up in fifteen then we can head over." Tyler said, he let the girl do her thing and he disappeared back to the closet behind the counter. By now everyone had left, it was just the two of them in the Weathervane.

"Alright, you ready?" Tyler asked, Bea looked up at the boy and nodded, her hands were now soggy from the wet towel she'd used, but there was nothing she could do about that.

"What time was it supposed to start?" Bea asked, Tyler glanced at his phone, his eyes widening as he checked the time. 

"Shit, five minutes." Tyler said, he took Bea's hand and dashed out the door of the Weathervane. "We can make it if we run." He continued, Bea just laughed at him and began sprinting. "Hey, wait up!" Tyler shouted, he managed to catch up to the girl, nearly passing her in the process.