Chapter IX ~ Meet Me At the Fair

Bea waited patiently at the front entrance to the Harvest Festival, Enid was beside her, she was hoping to get a little up close and personal view of Tyler and Bea. Mainly because she'd only been told stories about the boy from Bea and hadn't seen them together since the first time they  (re)met at the Weathervane.

"Are you sure you can trust this normie?" Enid asked, she was a little skeptical when finding out that the boy was the son of Jericho's sheriff.

"I'm sure, I'll pay you if I'm wrong." Beatrix teased.

"Sounds good to me, oo I see Ajax, I'll see you around." Enid smirked, she ran off to meet up with the boy who was currently waiting in line for a hotdog on a stick.

"Look I didn't know she was going to be here." Tyler protested

"I don't want you talking to that Nevermore girl." Galpin began, "And you're back home at 12."

"1:30." Tyler pleaded

"12:30." Galpin said sternly, Tyler sighed and walked away from the man who was watching him oh so carefully.

Tyler quickly disappeared out of the man's sight and searched for any sign of Bea. She was hiding from sheriff, hoping to avoid any unnecessary run ins with the cold hearted man, she was already under his radar, she didn't need the man to put a restraining order on her.

"There you are." Tyler said, Bea jumped up in fear from the sound of his voice, only because for a moment she believed it to be the sheriff's, instead it was the man's son.

"Jesus." Bea chuckled, she turned around to look at the boy, he had the usual smile on his face and pure look in his eyes, he was wearing that tattered carhart jacket that he always wore which was a burnt pale looking color. His hands were tucked away in his pockets in a poor attempt to try and keep them warm.

"Sorry, were you expecting someone else?"Tyler said in a joking tone, Bea folded her arms and sighed at the boy.

"You just scared me." Bea responded.

"I didnt realize I was so spooky." Tyler noted. "I like the apology gift by the way, you're really talented." Tyler said, he sounded genuine in his tone and it put a smile on Bea's face, but she couldn't help but feel a little sheepish about her work, she was beginning to regret giving him that painting.

"I'm alright." Bea said modestly, she was solely being modest and not trying to invoke compliments from the boy, it was simply that her self esteem was rather low and she couldn't accept the fact that she was genuinely talented.

"I mean it, like you could go to art school painting like that." Tyler said, he sounded so excited about it, he was always so engaged in their conversations. Tyler was the type of person to always mean what he says, and you can tell because of the look in his eyes and that big smile of his.

"It's kind of a hobby, and artists don't make shit." Bea teased, the hobby part she meant this time, she couldn't see herself pursuing a life in art, that was purely Xavier's thing. She couldn't really picture life after Nevermore, Bea had to just get through life first before even thinking of the future.

"That's understandable." Tyler said, by now the pair had reached the center of the festival, it looked more like a carnival with all of the rides and food stands.

"So what now?" Bea asked, she also placed her hands in her pockets, though she was smart in placing hand warmers inside for maximum warmth and comfort. 

"Wanna try the Ferris Wheel?" Tyler asked, the line was pretty short, mostly because of how rackety and shaky the old thing looked. "On second thought, maybe it's not such a good idea." Tyler said, he'd picked up on the shakiness of the ride and opted not to attempt it.