Chapter 20: The Wall's inception

Start from the beginning

Laurien: "Did you seriously replace both of your parents and your lil siblings?" she asked.

Andy: "We basically died back there, if we go back it'll be like reviving the dead!" he exclaimed, "Besides, even if we tried to go back we don't have portal access, we're stuck here, may as well make a new family here."

Laurien groaned but agreed. Olympic cleared her throat and continued what she was saying back on Main Street.

Olympic: "Anyways....about Alex....earlier today....I had a dream...now, my dreams are prophetic and it is how I first realized that...my little sister was going to die..." she said, "my latest dream showed Alex leaving for another dimension while we repaired the damage here...."

Andy: "So he's...left...just like that?" he asked in disbelief.

Doc: "Maybe he was needed somewhere, it's not like he left to get the milk." he joked.

Laurien: "He's right about that." she added.

Logan: "More work for us I guess..." he groaned.

Andy sighed but he couldn't do shit about it so he just hoped Alex would come home soon.

Logan: "Now, onto less....ahem depressing matters, berthing is getting ridiculous." he said, changing the subject, "We have 3; four-stack ocean liners, 3 super-carriers, and barely enough space for another destroyer. Now, we're still repairing the base but with-?!"

He's cut off when the door slams open, revealing Vestal and Akashi.

Vestal: "Sir! There's been a problem!" she said.

Doc: "What is it girls?" he asked.

Akashi: "Look out your window nya!~" she said.

The group look out the window to see the holes left by the bombs not accepting the repairs. When the manjuu try to patch up a hole with a bit of wood, the repairs would simply cease to be or collapse in on itself even if the job is done properly.

Vestal: "Something about the bombs that damaged the base is making any repair impossible." she said.

Andrew: "That's concerning." he said.

Laurien: "No shit." she said, "This means we'll need a new base."

Doc: "But where? We can't just give up the Pacific!" he exclaimed.

Logan: "So we need somewhere that's of strategic value but....not here." he mused.

Midway: "What about Midway Atoll?" he suggested.

Andy: "Too small, our fleet's getting too big for any island, and before you suggest it Southeast Asia doesn't even exist here." he stated, silencing Laurien, "We need somewhere big enough for our fleet but also in general spitting distance of Sakura Empire."

The group pause in thought, thinking of different places with that description, being Alaska, San Diego Naval, Alameda Naval Base, and Guam....but the 2 California bases were too far, Guam was too tiny, and Alaska was too outta date.....however.

Andrew: "Well that lead us to a dead-end." he said.

Andy: "But, we do have somewhere to start now." he said, "We need a place that freezes piston engines so that they can't drop their bombs on our ships and a place where the sun never sets so that we don't get attacked during the night."

Doc: "But where?! We don't have any other cold water ports in the Pacific!" hr exclaimed.

Franklin D Roosevelt: "Why can't we just make a new base?" she suggested, getting everyone's attention, "I mean, it's much better than using an already existing one and can be much cheaper than renovating an old base."