|17| j a l a p e ñ o

Start from the beginning

"Lily!"

"What?" She asked indignantly, her eyes narrowed at me and her hands firmly placed on her hips.

"I'm not," I mumbled quietly, stressing out each word.

"You're not going to tell you're mom?" She shrieked, pulling at the roots of her hair harshly and pacing back and forth in rapid movements. My eyes following her every move cautiously as I try to catch her.

"Lily! I am not pregnant!" I yelled at her, grabbing the sides of her arms to get her to stop.

She slowly leaned away a little from me, her eyebrows furrowed together in confusion as the words slowly registered in her mind. "You're not?"

I let out a loud groan and shut my eyes tightly, releasing her arms and massaging my temples with my index fingers. "I'm not pregnant Lily. How can I be pregnant? I didn't even have... ugh. Just... I'm not pregnant okay?"

She let out a huge breath relief and beamed at me. "Oh thank heavens! I don't wanna explain anything to your mom and dad. Including the process on hoe you got pregnant, but they're parents so of course the know that... but anyway... so what's your problem?"

Pursing my lips tightly together, I slowly took a step backwards and leaned myself back against the door frame and sighed. "I think I have a crush."

"You what?" She asked, dumbfounded.

"I have a crush Lily!" I shouted in exasperation. My arms shooting up in defeat.

Oh my gosh I am finally letting it out after realizing it just a few moments ago!

"Who? Patrick? It's Patrick right?" She hopefully asked, her eyes wide and expectant as she slowly walks towards me.

I nodded apprehensively, leaning away from the door frame to go to the sinks. I placed my palms on the cool surface of the marble and stared at my reflection on the mirror, also looking at Lily through the glass, who's standing behind me with wide eyes and parted lips.

"I knew it!" She squealed and bounced happily, her voice echoing throughout the empty comfort room.

Of course she would be happy.

"But..." I trailed off, spinning around to face her properly. Her smile fell as soon as the word 'but' left my lips, replaced by a curious and disappointed look on her face.

"But?" She urged, nodding her head convincingly.

"I think... I also have a crush on Austin?" I mumbled almost inaudibly, shutting my eyes tightly closed out of fear that Lily would lash out on me.

This is the problem that's been ripping my head into two. Figuratively of course, but this have been confusing me for the past hour already. It feels like I was thrown in the middle of the sea with two choices only, either to drown myself or just die out of cold.

Is it alright to like two things at the same time? Or a buttface and a gentleman for the matter, is the question that's been bugging me for hours now and I all I want to do is rip my hair out of my head and eat.

Because eating, solves almost everything. I swear.

"I knew it," she muttered under her breath, making me snap open my eyes and look at her bewilderingly.

"You knew?" I asked, perplexed. I know that she's rooting for Patrick so it didn't surprise me that she was the first one to notice (even first than me) that I like him but... Lily? Knowing that I like Austin too, is a big bang.

She crossed our distance and leaned against the marble sink, beside me. "Well I'm your best friend? What d'ya expect? Besides it's not much of a surprise really."