Stuck With You

Park Dae-sik, the top lawyer at the biggest law firm in Seoul, had to spend New Year's Eve working with the opposing counsel on an old youth center to increase his chance to be appointed Managing Partner. He met Cha Mi-jo, the opposing counsel with claustrophobia, as they rode the elevator up to his office together.

That was when the elevator stopped and they were stuck together...

🛗🛗🛗

"Ya! Where are you? It's almost 7 and the party is about to start." It's good that Park Dae-sik had put his phone away from his ear when his housemate, Lee Bong-han's shrieking voice greeted him. Because— God, it rang his ears pretty good.

"Bong-han-ah, you call at the right time, because I'm on my way out of the office right now."

"You said that, too, two hours ago." Bong-han replied calmly, but Dae-sik knew better. That man would explode once he ended the call.

"I know, I know. This time, it's for real."

"I won't believe anything you said until you show up here. And fast, please!"

It was the last working day of 2022, and Dae-sik had worked his ass off all day to finish a contract, due on Monday, so he could spend the New Year's eve peacefully. Bong-han had planned a party at their apartment for their friends and family.

He chuckled to his friend as he took a glance at his watch. "I'll send pics from outside as a proof. God, I'm so done with today, no, I'm so done with this year!"

And God said: not so fast, young man.

Not even a minute after he ended his call with Bong-han, his phone rang again. The caller ID showed his boss' name, shiny and clear. He almost — almost — let the call go to the voice mail, but— shit, this was his boss.

Groaning aloud, he stopped his steps right at the revolving door of the building and took a few seconds to compose himself before answering the call on its sixth — seventh? — ring.

"This is Park Dae-sik."

"Mr. Park! Hello, I hope I don't interrupt any New Year's party." Jung Jae-ho, the Managing Partner of their law firm greeted him enthusiastically.

You haven't but you're about to, aren't you, Boss? Dae-sik grumbled inwardly.

"You don't, Mr. Jung."

"Oh, great! Now, please tell me you're still at the office."

UGH.

"As a matter of fact, I am. Anything I can help you with?"

"Perfect! Where are we on the contract for the old youth center? I really thought I have seen your email about it, or am I wrong?"

"I sent the draft to the opposing counsel this afternoon. As per schedule, the joint review will be next week."