Six Month

A take on their recent date night

🫶🏼🫶🏼🫶🏼

Across a twenty years career, the couple are always known as the hardworking actors. Scripts after scripts, they never stop working and spoiling the fans with their crafts.

But it's month number six — God, she can't believe they have been married for six months. Time sure flies fast when you're enjoying every second of it — since they took a step back from all the spotlight — not a 100% true since they still very much on the headline every few weeks or so — and with the precious life gifted to them earlier this year, life can never be more perfect.

Oh, but she has to say— in the face of this beautiful bouquet of peonies her husband extends toward her, it perfectly can.

"Happy six-month anniversary," he plants a soft kiss on her lips. "A beautiful flower for the most beautiful wife."

It never gets old, his habit to give her flower always touches the deepest of her heart. "Jagiya," her eyes turn misty — everything makes her overly emotional lately, thanks to pregnancy hormone — and she circles his neck, clinging to him. "Thank you. Happy six-month anniversary."

"I'm sorry I'm away so much this month." He squeezes her waist. "We haven't been able to spend quality time as much as we want."

"Oh, you silly, it's not everyday the movie you worked very hard to make is playing in the whole country. This is your time to shine. And you're shining brighter than every star in the sky." She gently caresses his forehead.

"Your support means the whole world to me."

"As does yours to me."

"I miss you, though."

"I miss you too, I can't believe you chose to come home every night no matter where your stage greetings were. Stage greetings were exhausting to say the least."

"Love, it's gonna be like that every time."

"Thank you for understanding your clingy pregnant wife."

He chuckles. "I'm doing it for myself as much as I'm doing it for you. It's not like I can be away from you for too long."

She is his world, everyone knows that. He hasn't been shy in mentioning her and their baby as his priority in his few latest interviews.

"And for that— I have something for you. For us." She reaches into the pocket of her baby doll and takes out something to give him.

"What is it?" He looks at the piece of paper and stuns to silence when he realizes what he's seeing.

She smiles sweetly and kisses his cheeks. "Let's have a date night to celebrate our six month. I miss your Cheol-ryung get up. The scruff was sexy as hell."

🫶🏼🫶🏼🫶🏼

Two days later, here they are, in a cinema on a late Sunday night, lounging comfortably on the luxurious recliner seats and enjoying every minute of his newest movie until the credit rolls at the end.

Okay, to be honest, he focuses more on her, watching her every move attentively, wanting to ensure her comfort.

He loves her genuine reactions out of everything. She laughs the hardest, even smacking his arms lightly the whole time the comedic scenes shown on the big screen. She also gasps the loudest, grasping his hand tightly when the nail-biting action scenes he involved in play out. And she also swoons and giggles every time his character — Im Cheol-ryung — showed a glimpse of his growing feelings for Kang Jin-tae's sister-in-law.

"I want more Cheol-ryung and Min-young!"

"You said that the first time."

"I know! And I still feel the same way the second time around. They are too cute, do you think there will be a third movie?"

He thinks about it for a minute and shrugs. "If the responses are good, I think that's a possibility."

"Oh my god, you're right. Wait."

She takes out her phone then getting busy with it. And her facial expression — the frown and that adorable nose scrunch of hers — tells him she needs his help.

"What are you doing?" He asks her softly.

"I forget how to post an instagram story? I haven't used the feature in a long time?" She looks at him asking for help.

He knits his eyebrow, "I think you're asking the wrong person?"

They stare at each other and she bursts out giggling. "How could I forget you didn't have any SNS?"

"What are you going to post anyway? It's late at night?"

"I'm gonna post the ticket. I want more people to watch your movie. Ah! Found the way, finally." She grins at him before going back to her phone, yawning in between. She must be exhausted. "Besides, I have stayed quiet for some time, a little fan service will not hurt anyone."

"Fan service would be you posting something about you, not about me."

"Can't I flex my husband and his work to the world?" She winks then puts her phone back to her small bag. "Yes, done!"

"Jagiya, that's so sweet of you

"Jagiya, that's so sweet of you." He reaches for her hand and squeezes it.

"Like you, it's the least I can do to support you. I want to be one of the six million people who have watched your movie."

"It's not there yet."

"Says who? Omo, you need to look at this!" She takes out her phone and shows the distribution company's newest post of the celebration. "Six million! Congratulation, Jagiya. I'm so proud of you."

To be the center of her attention is everything to him and something he doesn't take lightly. It makes him want to do even better as a husband and soon to be father.

She rises a little from her seat and plants a smooch on his lips, a little carried away and forgetting where they are. But another one of her yawn interrupts them and he gets the cue.

"Let's get you home. The bed has called you in."

She gets up slowly — every move she made lately felt like a slow motion — and laughs. "I'm sleepy all the time."

"I realize that fact when our pillow talk didn't excite you anymore." He teases her as he tucks her hand on his elbow.

"It's the hormone!"

He kisses her temple lightly while chuckling to himself. "I know, love. You are carrying our baby, you deserve a good night sleep."

"I know you'll understand." She replies cheekily and clings even closer to him, much to his liking. He keeps her close on their way to their home, acting as her pillow as she falls asleep as soon as the car weaves through the almost empty street.

His heart slows down as he watches her sleep. He must have done something good in the past to have everything his heart desire in a woman as beautiful — inside and out — as her.

They don't always celebrate their anniversary every month, but in the occasion they celebrate it, it's always a good reminder of how good life is for them.

And this one is no different.

"Happy six month anniversary, Jagiya."