Yellow Light - 2

Se-ri looks at the man before her in disbelief. She's pretty sure the chivalry act he shows off to her is not part of his education in police academy. And not part of his job as police officer either.

Dropping the bet he won?

Comforting her when he saw her upset about the final verdict of her traffic case?

And now— this? Going out of his way to ensure she arrives as soon as possible?

Good God.

Good luck concentrating on your date, Yoon Se-ri. Can she make a last minute request of rescheduling to her mother? Because for the love of all that is holy, it will take a long time for her to recover from this perfect specimen.

He doesn't even look like he puts an effort to charm her, yet— she is charmed nonetheless.

They are currently walking toward her car, side by side, as he stared her down when she declined his offer just now.

So, she relents.

"I will maintain my speed at the top of the speed limit, alert me if you think I'm going too fast."

"What car do you drive?"

"A black SUV. I'll holler the siren when we're out on the street so you won't miss."

"Okay. This is me. See you out front?"

He observes her car and smiles when he looks back at her. "Much better in reality than in picture."

He conveys another meaningful look she's not sure she understands, but the look is gone as soon as it comes. "Go on, I'll go to my car once you're inside."

Se-ri is torn between wanting to follow his instruction, or staying outside to prolong their interaction. She didn't want to come here in the first place, yet— leaving this place and putting Inspector Ri behind her is the last thing on her mind.

"Something wrong?" He asks worriedly.

What should she answer?

𝘠𝘦𝘴, 𝘐'𝘮 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘨𝘰 𝘵𝘰 𝘢 𝘣𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘥𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘐'𝘮 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘦𝘹𝘤𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘐 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘮𝘦𝘦𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶?

That?

She must be crazy to answer his question boldly like that. She's bold, but she's not that bold. So, maybe the same thing but— a little softer?

Se-ri inhales deep before answering. "The point of you escorting me is to get to the next place as fast as possible."

"True. Let's go."

"But now I'm not sure I want that." She looks him in the eyes as she says the words. A pair of surprised eyes meets her anxious ones and she can't blame him.

Ugh, why again did she do that?

Because it's the first time since she doesn't know when that she feels it. Those faster beats of her heart. Those butterflies.

𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘯𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯.

All those things romance movies said constructed a memorable meet-cute which was the first milestone of every great love story.

She stops thinking for a second.

Omo—

Omo, omo, look at her thinking that Inspector Ri has potential to be her one great love.