"Nothing happened. Everyone is back in the sanctuary. The evacuation went smoothly and mama and the others are heading this way." She answers deftly as she lefts me go. She must've felt my apprehension because she grabs my hand and squeezes it.

"Gideon enhanced the weapon artifacts that you brought back from the relictombs, as well as the weapons we stole from Alacrya. The Dicathian soldiers took up arms, and had their abilities enhanced by Elder Levis. They will be fine." She consoles as she looks over at Aldir, and nods in acknowledgment. Giving a slight nod, my attention turns back to the mass army of Vritra and their half blooded humans.

"Let's get moving then." Was all I said as I took to the air at breakneck speeds. Behind me came the thunderous calls of all those that fight this battle with me. And somehow, that gave me courage.

In mere seconds I touched down in the center of the field, kicking up dust in the process yet not stopping as my arm, now reenforced with aether, cut through the chest of a Vritra blooded lesser. Letting her slump to the ground as her scream died out brought absolute chaos as my foes charged with crazed rage. Though, in the eyes of most of them, I could see only fear. Despite that, I rushed through the incoming waves of seemingly endless bodies. Clashing sword to sword, aether to mana with devastating blows that created shockwaves of energy. 

It all felt as freeing as it did damning, as I activated my rune of destruction. Letting the purple flames lick against my skin as it enveloped my body in an nearly uncontrollable, unquenchable heat. It made my heart race, and the sounds of war drowned out in the face of the blood rushing loudly through my veins. Keeping focus, I let the purple paths of Godstep guide me throughout the battle field. Taking on and killing enemies whilst also defending and saving comrades.

It all felt like an endless cycle of life and death, but I couldn't use that goddesses power.

Not yet.

Not until he gets here.

My attention turns to the sky that crackles with lightning. And suddenly, all falls silent until a gigantic beam of black lightning splits through the sky and reaches ground level. Bodies roasted and crackled with lightning, filling the air with static and the smell of charred flesh. The sight made everyone stop. Bairon continued his attack from the sky as the pantheon warriors began their dance of death, staining the ground crimson red in mere seconds.

The air became frigid as Varay launches lance shaped shards of ice that froze everything it made contact with in a breaths moment. Sound shattered the eardrums of numerous Vritra as Aya let loose a banshee like wale that shook the ground itself.

Vines of all sizes burst forth from the ground. My body froze as I watch Tessia descend from the air, right next to me.

"Tess?! What are you doing?? You can't be here—"

"A little birdy told me that I didn't have a choice." She said as she casually flicked her wrist, defending us against spellfire.

"What? Who??"

"It makes sense. Why Nico wanted me. Why you were reincarnated here, and how Cecilia got here. It all makes sense now. But you have to trust me okay??" She said with eyes that gave me no room for debate. Hesitantly, I gave her a curt nod, to which she repaid me with a chaste kiss. With another wave of her hand, the vines that concealed us unraveled and burst forward to impale unguarded Vritra.

"See you soon, Art." Tess called, giving me a teasing wink as she took to the air again, raising her hands and willing the earth to fight with her. Turning back to the task at hand, I rush forward again, slaying everything in my path once more.

Stopping abruptly, my narrowed gaze turned to the portals, watching as more and more Vritra came through as quickly as they were dying. How utterly pointless.

Sucking in a deep breath, I closed my eyes as aether pulsed within my core, reaching out and connecting with those red portals. Quickly, my aether latched onto the portals and started pushing inward, making the portals fluctuate and become unstable to the point of collapse. Opening my eyes, I watched as some of the portals collapsed instantly under my influence. But what caught my attention was the biggest portal. It's mana didn't collapse under my aether.

Upon closer inspection, it's because it is aether.

And the sight of elk like horns made my blood boil.

__________**********__________

Hiya peeps!

Been a little while, glad to see you guys are still interested in this story.

I know, short chappy but I'm struggling here.

Anywhore, see ya soon!
(1,412 words)