"I'm mad at you old man." I tease, putting the phone on speaker and setting it on the dashboard. Holding the phone requires so much work.

"Why is that child?" Elijah mocks, sounding amused.

"You just left! You didn't even say goodbye to your favorite vampire." I whine, sounding like he forgot me at Target or something.

Damon rolls his eyes, cutting into the conversation. "Can we get to the point here?"

"Ah, Damon Salvatore. Are you breaking Aria's heart once again?" Elijah questions, and I hear a slight warning in his voice. Oh yeah, Elijah will so beat him up if he kisses Elena again.

Annoyance shines through Damon's eyes. "It's none of your damn business."

"Damon!" I cry, glaring at him.

"It's fine Aria. He still has learned no respect...for you, or for me." Elijah says, his voice perfectly calm.

"Alright, enough. Elijah, start explaining yourself." Stefan's voice cuts through, sounding done with everyone's bullshit.

"All we need is to take that stake away from Alaric. Once it has been disarmed, the weapon is in my possession, my family will scatter to the ends of the Earth...and Alaric will follow us." Elijah explains, sounding completely calm about running from an insane vampire hunter.

"And you'll just...run?" Stefan demands, his tone suspicious.

"We've done it before. Klaus and Rebekah spent the better part of a thousand years evading my Father. What's another half century while Elena is able to live out the rest of her natural life." Elijah says.

"We finally stopped him Elijah. After everything that he has done to us, I can't just let you bring him back." Elena argues, referring to Klaus. My blood boils when Elena says that and I have to clench my fists. Damon glances over at me, noticing how tense I got.

"I give you my word Elena, I will not revive Klaus not in your lifetime, nor even your children's life time." Elijah promises, before adding a little more quietly. "Perhaps that will teach him some manners."

"Why should she trust you? All you've done is screw her over." Matt snaps, surprising me. Since when is human Matt in the loop of everything. I thought he died or something...

"And he's sorry guys, get over it. We all betray each other at some point. Elena could have been dead the second Elijah walked through that door. So Elena, are you going to be smart and trust Elijah. Or are you going to listen to the 17 year old washed up quarterback in the room?!" I demand, hoping my voice comes out loud enough on the other line. I like to make an impact in things. Plus I'm on Elijah's side. Elijah's side will always be mine.

"Not! Don't listen to my idiot girlfriend! Did that concussion give you brain damage? His lunatic siblings will kill you the first chance they get!" Damon yells into the phone, going against me.

"Rebekah and Kol will honor the terms. If you return Klaus' body to us, Elena will come to no harm. Do we have a deal?" Elijah asks, and I can imagine him giving his deal stare.

Damon says, "No, no, no, no." over and over again at the same time I say, "Yes , yes, yes!" over and over again. Damon and I both glare at each other, telling the other to shut up.

"Elena it's up to you." Stefan sighs.

"Come on!" Damon and I groan at the same time, probably sounding really funny on the other end.

"Why do you want Klaus' body?" Elena asks, probably the stupidest question of all time.

"He's my brother." Elijah answers. "We remain together."