𝟏𝟔 | 𝐁𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧 & 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭

"𝒀𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍, 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒎𝒆
𝑾𝒆 𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒃𝒐𝒅𝒊𝒆𝒔
𝑾𝒆'𝒓𝒆 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒅𝒖𝒔𝒕, 𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒓𝒈𝒚
𝑯𝒐𝒕 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒎𝒆𝒍𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒄𝒚 𝒄𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒎,"

"𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒔𝒂𝒚 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒌𝒆,
𝒊𝒕'𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒂𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒕𝒊𝒄
𝑩𝒖𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒆𝒎𝒑𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒚
𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒖𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒄, 𝒊𝒔 𝒊𝒕?"

─────── ∘°❉°∘ ───────

Chishiya Shuntaro had never been interested in anything. Life itself, living or even people.

Until now.

He was sure that he was apathetic. He knew it. And yet, he found himself actually interested in something for the first time. It was like being a child all over again. He had become apathetic when he was a child, he knew that. It had been a response to his family issues and he had come to live with it.

Then why, why was he interested in her?

Chishiya leaned onto the wall, hands in his pockets and hood on his head. He watched boredly as the Beach members gathered in the main hall, all of them changing 'Hatter'. They were really lame. Chishiya didn't know if he should laugh at how stupid they all are or just pity them.

Tonight new game arenas had opened and Hatter was going to make his usual speech before sending his pawns to get cards for him. Chishiya had seen it happen a few times now and each time, Hatter had gone a little madder than the last time. His name, Hatter, fitted him, Chishiya supposed. The only thing missing in his name was 'Mad' but Chishiya knew it would soon make its presence.

He looked to the side, wondering when was Kuina going to join him before looking back at the crowd.

His eyes landed on a trio in the middle of the crowd. Unlike everyone else, they looked disgusted and displeased with everything that was happening around them.

Ren, standing in the middle, looked at the people cheering next to Arisu and gagged in front of them, making the people sneer at her and turn away. Chishiya could see her best friend, Arisu, telling her something but Ren only shrugged and continued to show her displeasure.

Not only had Ren made a frequent train of thought in his head, but she also seemed to be everywhere he went.

The rooftop had been Chishiya's place. He used it to observe the pool from the top, watching everyone. He also used it because he liked the view and because the music was horrible and annoying. In the mornings and days, that place was reserved for him and Kuina. It was mostly Chishiya that formed the plan and Kuina to inform him of anyone interesting. Kuina didn't know the whole plan though and he wasn't planning on telling her until the right moment.

But then Ren had come to the rooftop every time Chishiya did.

The first time she didn't see him there and decided to sit next to him anyway. They had bickered back and forth that night but last night's bickering wasn't anything similar to the first one.

Something changed and Chishiya couldn't put a finger to it.

Chishiya was absolutely brilliant at reading the room and all of its changes so imagine his confusion when he couldn't read the room with him and Ren.

Her attitude made him both want to hear it more and want her to shut the fuck up. He didn't know which one to choose whenever she opened her mouth. Chishiya didn't even know how she could just come up with some random insult and a curse word in any given situation.