max let out a bone-chilling scream before I carefully shoved her out of the way, I glared up at the animal with fury gleaming in my tired eyes.

"well, who fed you after midnight, hm?" I said in a teasing voice to the monster, now I know it couldn't understand english but that doesn't mean it wasn't pissed because the next thing it did was roar and get it's slobber all over my face, "bitch." I muttered before lazily making it's head burst open, there now also being specs of blood sprayed on my face along with the saliva.

but then all of the other
mini-demogorgons stopped banging at the bus. they all turned to a different direction in sync, before sprinting off into the dark, misty night.

max and lucas tightly clenched onto the other's hand before they realised and awkwardly let go. we still all remained in total silence as steve went out to check if the dogs had disappeared or not.

"what happened?" lucas asked, his voice still sounding frightened.

"I don't know.." max replied.

"steve and n/n scared 'em off?" dustin offered.

"no." steve plainly said, "no way, they're going somewhere."

————————————————

-dustin's pov-

"steve, I'm tired," y/n whined as we trailed along the old railroad.

"y/n, I know you've just killed like, what, 5 inter-dimensional monsters and I understand how drained you are but could you please zip it for one second-" steve started but was cut off by a loud thudding noise, we all turned around to find y/n face-flat on the floor, snoring.

"you've gotta be kidding me." steve groaned whilst turning around and kneeling down to put y/n over his shoulder as if she was in a body-bag.

light snores whistled through her lips as she bounced up and down on steve's shoulder due to him taking big strides.

"so.. one of those things was definitely dart?" lucas inquired.

"yes, it had the same exact pattern on it's butt and that one didn't die." I answered him, "meaning that dart has molted three times already in the past day."

"well, when's he gonna molt again?" steve asked.

"it's gotta be soon." I told him, "and when he does, he'll be fully grown, and so will his friends."

"oh, whoopy-doo." steve sarcastically cheered, "he'll definitely be eating more than just cats then."

"wait, a cat?!" lucas exclaimed, "dart ate a cat?!"

"um yeah, he ate mews." steve blindly replied.

"mews? who's mews?" max pondered, completely baffled.

"it's dustin's cat." steve responded.

"steve!" I snapped.

"I knew it! you kept him!" lucas spat, "I honestly can't believe you!-" we carried on arguing until steve pulled all of our attention's to him.

"GUYS!" he snapped before ushering us along to follow the familiar growling sound.

"guys! why are you following the sound?!" max cried out, "hello? hello?.. oh for crying out loud!" she then quickly jogged after us.

————————————

we all trekked on through the woods after steve to discover that the demodogs (what I named them) were going back home. so of course because we all love jumping head first into danger, made our way towards the lab.

——————

it took about 20 minutes to get to the lab but when we did a familiar voice shouted something out.

"hello?" the voice said, "who's there?"

we all shone our flashlights at the two figures that were calling out stuff to find nancy and jonathan.

"steve?" they both exclaimed in unison.

"nancy? jonathan?" steve replied before we all walked over to them.

"what are you doing here? and why is my sister on your shoulder like that?! is she dead?!" nancy bombarded steve with questions.

"she's asleep, okay?" steve answered.

"why the heck is she sleeping?! it's only like 9pm and-" nancy began but was cut off by steve.

"look, we just had some huge fight with these mini-demogorgons and she was drained after killing a bunch of them, alright?" steve told her, "now, what are you doing here?"

"we're looking for mike and will." nancy replied.

"they're not in the lab, are they?" I asked.

"we're not sure." nancy said.

a loud screech erupted from inside the lab, this caused y/n to stir a little before falling off steve's shoulder.

"ah, shit." she groaned whilst standing up and rubbing her eyes. as soon as she removed her hands from her eyes, she looked to the lab where multiple growls now came from.

"mike.. will.. they're in danger." she stuttered as a fair stream of blood flowed out of her nose.