Chapter 2

MAY
I found Z, Will, and Debby in one of Wills' little nooks, eating cookies. Will made lots of those, just small empty spaces he found and decorated. They were all laughing about something funny Z had said when I walked up.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked, cheerfully. Z turned to me and replied, "Just telling everyone about how you destroyed me in Go Fish."
"Yeah I'm pretty awesome." I said, head held high. I got situated next to Will and snuggled into a soft brown blanket.
I looked up at Debby and Z who were enjoying cookies that seemed to be freshly baked.
"Would you like one?" Debby's shaking voice asked, always with her sweet tone. I nodded in reply and leaned forward to grab one from her.
Z had one in her left hand and another one in her right, half eaten. I closed my eyes and the warm gooeyness melted in my mouth.
Once I was done I wiped my hands on the blanket, dusting off the crumbs.
I looked over to Will who was enjoying one half the size of his face. I chuckled and rubbed his head, messing up his brown curly hair. As I looked into his soft brown eyes the little 9 year old giggled gleefully.

Unfortunately Will was one of the victims of him. He used to have a twin but 'The Library' decided to take one and leave the other. Luckily we got the sweet twin to keep, he's pretty happy here.

And sweet Debby has always been here, just because we needed somebody to put away books for us, so the library spawned her, just like he spawned us. She was just an old little lady, though.

And last but not least, okay maybe a little least. Gill is a little slow.He is the guy at the front desk who tells us when a new human arrives. The reason he's in here is because Gill and his son got trapped in here, and he sacrificed himself for his son. His son got out but now, Gill is the receptionist for the rest of his life here. At first Gill was still pretty weirded out, but after he snapped his brain he doesn't remember anything before this life. It's a little sad but it is what it is. We don't get to choose, it's up to The Library.

Z and I, well we aren't like the rest of them. We are the time tellers. Once a lost person stumbles upon The Library, they are trapped in here, soon to be devoured by this place. Our job is to make sure they don't get the key.

Z is shorter than I, but that's only because of how tall I am. I am about 6'7 and she is 5' 5. Z wears baggy jeans with a large trench coat. My outfit is a little more formal though, I wear a tight crop top and a flowy skirt. Both being a dark emerald, forest green. I have thigh high black socks to go along with it.

Z has a more clock body type, and I have an hourglass shape. Z has pale skin and I have vitiligo. My internal hourglass tells how much time the person who gets trapped in here has until his soul gets consumed. Z's internal clock tells everyone the general time, but also the time in different places.

You see, The Library doesn't stay in one place. Every time a human stumbles in and gets consumed, The Library moves. So Z tells us where we are by telling us the different times.

"Library to May, you in there??" Z asked, and I realized I had been deep in thought again. "Haha yeah, just thinking." I responded, shaking my head softly to clear it.

I realized my cat had hopped up into Z's lap and was getting attention. "I'm stuffed, Debby, you always make the best cookies." Z sighed and lifted Biscuit, my cat, off her lap. "Well I'm going to check on Gill, and make sure he isn't playing Tetris."
Debby reached out and patted Z on the hand. "Don't be too hard on him dear, it's rough working 24/7. Z smiled sweetly back and nodded. And at that she climbed down the ladder and headed towards the front desk.

Will, Debby, and I finished off the cookies, before Debby left to put away books.
Will was leaning against the wall and I was on my side, using my arm to prop me up. "So, I haven't seen you in a couple days. What've you been up to?" I asked, with a curious smile.

Suddenly Will's eyes lit up