Chapter 3

The long night came to an end, and Magnifica was already completely closed at this time. Eve cleaned the bar with the assistance of the other employees, finished her work promptly, and was about to leave when she heard Vanessa's voice.

Vanessa waved her hand at Eve and said with a shy smile, "Goodbye Eve, and have a good night's sleep ...And again, I apologize for earlier."

Eve nodded in response, "It's really fine." Smiling, Eve replied as she patted Vanessa's shoulder. "I kept on telling you earlier that it was fine. I've heard you apologize a hundred times now." Eve cracked a joke, which made the two women burst out in laughter.

She was aware that Vanessa felt deeply sorry for her. Initially, Vanessa was a remarkably considerate person. To be honest, Vanessa burst into tears and blamed herself when she realized Eve had been hurt as a result of her mistake. Eve had already clarified that everything was alright and that she wasn't seriously hurt, but Vanessa insisted they visit a hospital for a checkup after work.

Eve knew herself better than anyone else. She was sincere when she said she was fine.

After that, Eve was able to convince Vanessa to stop second-guessing the situation and concentrate on their work.

"I guess everything went well after that mess..."

*

Eve was walking along a creepy-looking road close to the apartment where she was currently residing. The chilly breeze gave her the feeling that something was strange, and the road itself was darker and creepier than she had originally expected. Even though she sensed something was off in her surroundings, she attempted to walk as normally and composedly as she could.

Then, she abruptly heard numerous footsteps behind her.

Eve's heart began to race more quickly, almost as if it were warning her of a potential threat. Although she was aware that walking alone on this dark road was risky, it was probably too late to feel regret.

Unfortunately, she failed to see anyone who could help her if her gut instinct proved to be correct. Eve realized the footsteps were practically announcing themselves as they got louder. She fully grasped how bad things were for a single person like her.

The only thing she could do in this kind of circumstance was to stand on her own two feet and use any means she could to help herself. With all her might, Eve sprinted as fast as she could without looking back.  She was only particularly worried about what would happen to her if she was caught by these shady people.

Of course, the people behind Eve were faster than her, thanks to her frail and unfit body. Running had worn her out, and she began to move at a slower pace. 

If they were only thieves, she would rather give them her bag and other possessions than risk losing her life, but if they wanted her body, she would fight back with all of her strength.

"Fuck... I think my legs were going to snap any minute." Eve mumbled under her breath while she tried to catch her breath.

Unfortunately, Eve could still see a large number of people pursuing her as she tried to look behind her to see if anyone was tailing her.

Eve was undoubtedly weary, but she was now near her apartment building. There's no way she would let her work get wasted once she got caught here. Once she made sure she was safe inside the apartment building, she would call the police to report these crazy people who wouldn't stop following her. With that plan in her head, Eve ran even faster.

Regrettably, she failed to notice the second person who managed to overtake her from behind.

 The man seized the opportunity and pinned her to the ground by grabbing her arms right off the bat. As he observed Eve's futile resistance, the man felt no remorse and coldly watched her suffering.