Untitled Part 1

Only the long silence could be heard inside the private room owned by an auction house Eve had just attended. She was a woman who came from an influential family that held a thousand hotels worldwide. Of course, even the auction house owner could sense her powerful presence.

"Name your price," Eve spoke with such confidence in her voice. It was her first time in a well-known auction house within the city, but her identity as a rich and powerful person could still be understood.

"May I know what is your motive for coming to this humble abode?" The man, who was also the emcee for today's auction, clasped his hand nervously.

Eve saw this as an opening to pressure the man furthermore and raised her eyebrow before she comfortably leaned forward and looked directly into the man's eyes.

Under the half-mask she was wearing, a sinister smile crept on her lips. "A woman... give me a woman."

***

"Welcome!" Eve Miller smiled happily at the customer who just came inside the bar she was working at. "What would you like to order? Same as the last drink you bought?" She asked with a broad smile on her face.

"Yes, please." The customer replied gently.

Eve nodded her head and immediately asked the bartender to make a margarita. Eve was an assistant in the bar called Magnifica. Although it was a bar, it was also known as a high-class bar famous because of its magnificent ambiance; the surroundings were also what made it famous--the silence and relaxed atmosphere that could make everyone forget their problems for a short while.

After Eve made sure everyone inside the bar was comfortable and didn't have any complaints about their service, she decided to rest for a while in the staff room behind the bar counter. The sun hadn't set yet, so it was only natural that only a few customers came this time around, and Eve could rest without having many thoughts about the situation outside.

She was confident that everything would be alright. After a second Eve closed her eyes inside the staff room, one of her staff barged in with her eyes almost tearing up in anxiety.

"Miss... Miss Eve!" Vanessa, one of the waiters, screamed Eve's name in fear. "S-Something happened outside... please, I need your help, ma'am!"

Eve also got scared because of Vanessa's weighty voice. She suddenly jumped off the couch and stood up straight while fixing her crumpled clothes. "What happened?" Eve asked as she walked towards the small table near the door.

She was ready to call her boss as soon as she heard the reason for the problem outside.

"I... I accidentally spilled some wine in the customer's suit..." Vanessa clenched her trembling hands into a fist and swallowed her saliva. "They said it cost about three hundred bucks..." Vanessa's whole body was tense as she tried to straighten her voice and not make any mistakes while talking to Eve.

On the other hand, when Eve heard about her co-worker's serious mistake, she felt like she had to fix it on her own—without calling her boss. It was not that she was scared to be fired, but their business's name might be put at risk if she ever let the customer wait while waiting for their boss to fix their own issues. It could count as a bad service placed on their name, which was a grave situation they should avoid for as long as possible.

However, her boss warned Eve not to get involved in any fight between the customers and gave him a call if ever something terrible happened.

What a bad timing...

Her boss, which is also the owner of Magnifica, was currently on a business trip abroad. The man had yet to send an update since he flew abroad, which was a week ago.