[ 28. breaking into WICKED to break people out ]

| third person pov |

NEWT PULLED THE bag off of Teresa's head and she watched as he walked closer to the others.

"Gally?" She recognized the boy she remembered dying in front of her.

"Here's how this is gonna go." He crossed his arms and dropped some papers onto the table. "We're gonna ask you some questions... and you're gonna tell us exactly what we need to know. We'll start off simple. Where are Minho and Y/N?"

"You guys don't seriously think..." Teresa's eyes moved from Gally, who was grabbing a chair, to Thomas.

Gally put his chair down in front of Teresa, blocking Thomas from view when he sat down.

"Don't look at him. Why are you looking at him? Look at me. He's not gonna help you." Teresa looked down. "Now, we know you have them somewhere in the building. Where?"

"They're with the others in holding. Sublevel three." Teresa answered.

"How many others?" Newt questioned.

"28."

"I can make that work." Brenda spoke from her seat at the back of the group.

"No. No, you guys don't understand. The whole level's restricted. You can't get in without a thumbprint ID."

"That's why you're gonna come with us." Thomas told her.

"Well, I don't know. We don't necessarily need her. Right?" Gally stood up and grabbed a scalpel off the table. "Not all of her. We just need her finger."

"Gally, back off." Thomas spoke monotonic.

"What, are you squeamish? I guarantee you she's done a lot worse to Minho. And to Y/N."

Thomas's eyes flickered to Teresa for a moment, anger flashed over his features before he stood up and took the blade from Gally.

"That's not the plan. Back off."

"It won't make a difference. Do whatever you want to me. You still won't get through the front door. The sensors will pick you up..."

"We know. We're tagged. Property of WICKED." Thomas crouched in front of Teresa with the scalpel, glaring at her. "You're gonna help us with that, too."

---

GALLY STOOD AT the front of the group dressed as a WICKED soldier. Newt, Teresa and Thomas followed.

The four headed to some stairs when Gally paused.

"Hold on. Hold on. I can get in here." He pulled off his mask.

"Stay there." Thomas did the same. "Throw me the walkie."

Gally tossed it and he caught it with one hand. While Thomas was checking the stairs, Newt pulled off his mask and coughed. His infection was getting worse.

Newt noticed Teresa watching him, and he turned around as Gally got started with the drill.

"Frypan, we're in. How you doing?" Thomas said into the walkie.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm getting there." Frypan's voice crackled through in response. "Tell Minho and Y/N 'Hi,' for me."

"Hang in there, buddy."

Gally got the box on the wall open and started looking at all the different cables.

"This'll work."

"Brenda, what's your status?" Thomas asked into the walkie.