[ 17. minho gets struck by lightning ]

| y/n's pov |

AFTER A WHOLE day of walking closer to the mountains, we didn't even bother to find shelter and found a spot in the middle of open ground to rest.

Well, the others were resting. I couldn't sleep.

Thomas was sleeping close beside me and I thought about what Minho said to me the day before.

He wasn't wrong. I knew I liked Thomas, quite a lot, I just didn't think it was like that. I stared at the boy I had met less than a month earlier, his moles scattered across his cheeks and his nose scrunched up as he slept.

That was the moment when I knew Minho was right.

Holy shit. I thought. I like Thomas.

I looked away from him and spotted some buildings with lights on not too far away from us. There was a rumble of thunder in the distance and Thomas started stirring.

"Thomas. Thomas." I tapped his shoulder a few times and he woke up.

"Hmm?" His eyes were still half closed and his voice was croaky. "Y/N? What?"

"Thomas, look." I pointed at the buildings and he sat up, finally awake.

"Wake up the others."

"Teresa, come on." I shook her awake. "Minho, Fry, guys, wake up."

"Newt, get up." Thomas hit his leg. "Come on, let's go. Frypan, Aris. We see something."

"Wha-- What is it?" Newt asked. "What..."

"You see that?" I asked, gesturing to the buildings. "It's lights."

"We made it."

Thunder crackled again, except this time it was louder and much closer. We all looked back at lightning flashing in the clouds just behind us.

"Let's go. We gotta go." Thomas pat Newt's chest and grabbed his bag. "Come on. Come on, let's go. Let's go!"

We all picked up our stuff and started running to the lights with the storm right behind us.

"Hurry!" Thomas exclaimed.

"Go! Run!"

The lightning was extremely close now, but so were the buildings.

"Keep moving! Come on!" Thomas waved us after him like we weren't already trying our best. "Let's go!"

"Come on, Teresa!" I noticed she was falling behind, so I grabbed her arm.

"Go, go, go!"

"We're getting closer!"

"Keep going!" Thomas pushed.

Lighting crashed into an old car just after we ran past it.

"Get inside! Go!" Thomas shouted, as the building was only a few feet away.

"Oh, shi--" A blast of lightning hit the ground beside me. The close proximity of the blast sent me flying forward and I hit the ground.